Laptop won't charge even with new battery & charger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandyn

Beta member
Hi, glad to be at some cool forums!

My dad bought a new Toshiba Satellite P25 Laptop, the screen broke recently after. He didnt bother with it and just got another laptop and set that one in storage for a year or two. He gave it to me after I have it hooked up to a monitor. It powered up and switched to monitor fined, but then powered off. The charger was all sketchy so i figured it needed to be replaced ,did that. Same thing. So got a new battery, powers up for like 10 minutes and beeps like its going dead, doesnt charge, then powers down. Even if you just turn it off and let it 'charge' to green light, it actually doesnt charge and powers for 10 mins then dead again. :happy: Before i have to go take it to someone and get ripped off id figure id ask you guys first :), thanks.

Hello,

It sounds as if the power adapter that plugs into the wall is fried or the port that it plugs into is fried. If it is just the cord yo ucan replace it. But if it is the port you will have to get it fixed by a authorized person.

Cheers,
Mak

Well if you bought a new charger (which im assuming you made sure was the correct corresponding charger for your laptop) and you replaced the battery (again,assuming you made sure it was the correct battery for your laptop) Have you tried plugging it in to a different outlet in your house?If so and both of these things are new,it may be an internal problem with the laptop where the power cable is plugged into it.Something may have happened making it not get the power to the battery properly cause it not to charge.It could be multiple things so steps to take.

1:Try plugging it into a different WALL outlet (be sure its not an issue with an extension cord,a surge protector or the wall outlet itself)

2:Be sure that the battery and charger you purchased are the correct ones and match the necessary power requirements.

3:Open it up (if you have computer experience) and look at where the cord plugs in.Be sure that it hasn't partially come off the motherboard and need soldering or any other things that you can see wrong with it.

Beyond that,i really cant say much else unless i saw it for myself.Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom