Help Choosing a Laptop

AashiqM

Beta member
Hey guys.

I have two purposes for this post. One, for help deciding on which website to use to order from, and the next is to pick the most suitable laptop.

So, my girlfriend is back in the states for a month and she is thinking of getting a laptop out there. She's asked for my advice but truthfully, my knowledge on laptops have always been pretty subpar (haven't owned one...), and I know nothing of what are good websites to use over in Georgia, USA. Does anyone know what sites would be good to go for? Reputable, and money saving...

As far as her laptop needs go, the primary focus is on a solid stable laptop for her studies. That's mostly word and such. Most usage is going on skype/microsoft word/excel, etc, but she does want to go back to using Adobe Photoshop as she does photography and used to use it too. Of course the laptop doesn't need to excel in it's usage of it, but one that can run it decently would be appreciated.

The budget is $500. Any other details I've missed out, please lemme know and I'll aim to reply swiftly!

Thanks for any suggestions!

$500 ? get a low end Dell or a Lenevo

Gross :p

@OP: IMO, look on Craigslist or eBay, or somewhere locally. You can get a pretty decent deal on a used laptop that's still pretty good quality for that much. Or look at refurb'd systems as well.

Back
Top Bottom