Completely Replacing Chrome OS on Acer C720?

CommanderLiamTHX

In Runtime
Hi again, I've been trying to get Linux on my Acer Chromebook for a while now, and I found a guide on how to install Elementary OS on it here:

How to Install Elementary OS Luna (linux) on an HP Chromebook 14 – Reality Equation

The title says HP Chromebook 14, but they said it also works on the Acer. So everything is going well, but I get the choice of partitioning the drive or completely wiping Chrome OS and replacing it with Elementary Luna. That sounds appealing to me, as I've always hated Chrome OS. But what happens if I do this? Will the laptop still work, or does it just kind of not detect Chrome OS and pretend the hard drive's not there? Thanks in advance, (if anyone knows what happens)

Hi again, I've been trying to get Linux on my Acer Chromebook for a while now, and I found a guide on how to install Elementary OS on it here:

How to Install Elementary OS Luna (linux) on an HP Chromebook 14 – Reality Equation

The title says HP Chromebook 14, but they said it also works on the Acer. So everything is going well, but I get the choice of partitioning the drive or completely wiping Chrome OS and replacing it with Elementary Luna. That sounds appealing to me, as I've always hated Chrome OS. But what happens if I do this? Will the laptop still work, or does it just kind of not detect Chrome OS and pretend the hard drive's not there? Thanks in advance, (if anyone knows what happens)

Read your system specs about your chrome book:
Acer C720 Chromebook Review - HotHardware

I suggest you look at this first to be sure it'll work:
How to install Ubuntu and Minecraft on the HP Chromebook 14 « Everyday Linux User

Read this to learn how burn to a dvd or usb drive using windows/linux power iso.
PowerISO - Create, Burn, Mount, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive, DAA File

ISO to usb copy tool using power iso:
Burning ISO to USB

or....

How to Setup Windows 7 or Windows 8 from USB drive?

That should get you up and running for that linux os you want.
If you decide to erase whats on the ssd in your acer.
I suggest you backup whatever you want from it before formatting and installing the os.

Back
Top Bottom