Phantom HP keyboard

sentri558

Beta member
I seriously have gone to all lengths possible to try and find out what kind of keyboard this is, to the point at which I need help from someone smart :(

Got the keyboard off fathers workplace, which is now closed down. They were a bank, so only typing really. I'm pretty sure it's about 10-15 years old, but I've only been using it for gaming for 4 years, and very minor gaming (flash games) for around 8 years.

The model is PR1101U and I know it is a HP keyboard. It isn't listed on the HP website, and all I could find were 'Portuguese' models (the images I found looked identical to my keyboard) http://www.happy-shoppen.de/media/catalog/product/d/e/def_f7cce1dd338663420ed3dd30821e59ba.jpg is one example

I'm trying to find out what kind of switches it uses, and the material used on the keycaps, however without any tech specs from the HP website (I tried the Portuguese site too) and no 3rd parties offering specs, I'm at my wits end.

When I tried to take the Menu key (next to the right Ctrl button, not the windows key) I found it incredibly resistant, even using a knife under the front side of the key and pulling with a flathead on the other side offered little give. I really wouldn't like to break my 15 year old keyboard, because it is perfect for my gaming, and typing, needs.

I'll list off a few of the specs, and if anyone has had any experience with this product, or knows how I could get any kind of specs on it, I would be greatly happy if you would share :)

-Product name: Unknown
-Product brand: Hewlett Packard
-Product number: PR1101U
-Product type: Peripheral, keyboard.
-Connection type: USB (presumed 2.0)
-Key rollerover as of Microsoft web test: Eight keys (My hands and face hurt after that test)
-Key noise: Loud, clicky.
-Key feel: Unlike other keys, these keys only press down either 'pressed' or 'not pressed' so after about 40g pressure it goes all the way down, anything less doesn't move the keys at all.
-Key texture: Some keys are mat (rough mat), some glossy. No fingerprints left behind. Only found one mark other than lost text on any key on the entire board.
-Key font: Looks physical printed rather than laser printed. Only the m and n keys have any noticeable fade, on a (presumably) 15 year old keyboard.

Thanks to anyone with info :) and if someone could figure out a safe way to take off these stubborn keys I'd be much obliged.

Back
Top Bottom