Best desktop speakers ~£50

iCobble

Baseband Member
Hey all!
I currently have these speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1. Originally bought them for about £25 and they're an awesome set of speakers for the price. Had them for maybe 2 years now and I'm looking for an upgrade for around £50.
Will be using them for gaming - Arma 3, Battlefield 4, Far Cry 4 etc, and also just for music, any genre really.
I can't have 5.1 speakers because there's nowhere to put the extra speakers, and I'm not looking for wireless speakers.
Any suggestions or advice on my current choices are greatly appreciated.
So far I've got these in mind:
Logitech Z553 - can get for around £50 refurbished on eBay.
GigaWorks T20 Series II - again around £50, but new. No sub woofer though, worried about the impact on bass for music.
Genius GX SW-G2.1 2000 - £55, my favourite so far, leaning towards these. However I do wonder if too much of the cost comes from the style rather than performance?

Thanks in advance for any help!

After some more searching, I'm deciding between the Microlab FC330 and the FC360s. Similar price, both look very good. The 360s come with a dedicated amplifier, will that provide better sound?

Little over budget, but I've had the Creature II's since like 2005 and for the money they have been exceptionally good. I can only imagine the III's being a bit better.

JBL Creature III White Wired Active: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
These do look awesome but ideally I'd like the bass to better. It's quite a small subwoofer and a couple of reviews picked on this. Love the style though. Thanks.

I would say so, I'm not an expert with speakers but I do know amplifiers improve sound a lot in other speaker situations
Thanks, I'm leaning towards them at the moment.

Don't let size fool you. The bass annoys the **** out of my neighbors anytime I actually do use them. I went from using this on the reg back to using my Creature II setup.
2011-08-08134341.jpg~original

The bass is tighter, punchier, and louder than my friend's Logitech 530s.

Don't let size fool you. The bass annoys the **** out of my neighbors anytime I actually do use them. I went from using this on the reg back to using my Creature II setup.

Holy **** those speakers are huge :lol:.
I'll keep the Creatures in mind, though honestly I'm most likely going to get the FC360s...once I've got my mind set on something it's pretty hard to go against it :p Thanks for the help though, pretty sure you've helped me on every thread I've made. Btw what's the story behind the gun?

LOVE THE GUN

It's an airsoft gun. Dog chewed the charge cable and some of it was broke so I just used it as decoration to hang my tags off of and keep my dad on.

Back
Top Bottom