W8 doesnt start

php36

Beta member
Edit: its w8.1 btw

I dont know if this is the correct zone for posting this but here goes:

Today i updated my w8.1 from the windows updater but after restarting the pc , the screen became black....

My computer doesnt have a cd/pen it has the widowns inside a "secret disk" something like that....

How can i acess that repair tools?

f8 ,shift + f8 ,alt f8... nothing works... any tips?

only del works for acess bios....

(im portuguese soo if you dont understand something just tell me :) )

Today i updated my w8.1 from the windows updater but after restarting the pc , the screen became black....

My computer doesnt have a cd/pen it has the widowns inside a "secret disk" something like that....

Restart your machine and hold the shift key and hit the f8 button while windows is posting up to the welcome screen of W8.

Have you tried to boot into Safe Mode yet to see if it still works there? If it does, then you can try removing the update(s) that caused the error.

After your BIOS splash screen, and before Windows attempts to load, start Pressing F8 until the Advanced boot menu comes up. Then you can select Safe Mode from the recovery options.

After it boots, do you see the Metro screen, and the screen goes black if you click to go to desktop?

I had a similar issue when I upgraded to 8.1. The problem is that Windows 8 doesn't have F8 enabled by default; you have to manually enable it. Of course, I didn't find this out until I actually needed it. What I did was cut off the power during boot up - yeah, I know - and that prompted the advanced boot options when I powered back on. I think the safe mode option is under UEFI Firmware Settings, but google it to make sure.

Once I was in safe mode, I re-installed my display drivers and that fixed it. I also made sure to enable F8 with this command in an elevated command prompt:

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

Back
Top Bottom