My PC is like in slow motion !!! Please help x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaizDulce

Solid State Member
Hello everybody, I'm new at the forum but I have read it for some problems that I had in the past. :happy:

Before I tell you the problem I'm gonna say that I have read and read tons of forums and surf the web a LOT in search of an answer. So if some can help me with it would really be my savior :D

This is the problem. My computer is like in SLOW MOTION ._. It's really really slow.

The odd thing is that it happend over night.

Ok... This may take some time to explain but I think I better do it right and from the start, since I noticed the problem and also tell you the things I did in order to fix it, and saddly didn't work.

I had just bought:

An Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Processor.
An Intel Mother Board DG35EC.
4 Kingston dimm of 1GB of Ram.
A 512Mb nVidia 8500 video card.
A 17" LCD Monitor.
A new case with a 400W Power Supply and also a great cooling fan system and the PC is completly clean and free of dust or humidity and my system is also protected from power issues with an UPS.

Also I have this components from my old Pc:

160 GB HD IDE, I don't remember the brand.
And a DVD-RW drive, also IDE.
(both on the same cord, since the motherboard only has 1 IDE port, HD master)

I had the Pc for over 2 months now... When bought the new components and built the new Pc I migrate the HD from the old one to the new one.

It used to have 3 partitions:

One was for Windows XP Home Edition SP2, 25 Gb.
The second partition was for My Documents (in case I had to reformat C:\), 40 Gb.
And the third one was for Downloads and media files storage, 85 Gb or so.

Something that I souldn't have done but I did was to "Repair" the Windows partition instead of reformatting and reinstalling the operating system, since this sometimes can cause problems. I also installed all the Drivers that came with my MB and Graphics card.

Eigther way the Pc worked beautifully !!! I was so trilled :love_at_first: (good times :( ) Windows started really really fast, all the StartUp software opened in seconds, I could surf the web with no problems at all, sound and graphics were great.

I could even play Dark Messiah and Half Life II, my favorite games on really high video settings, something that I couldn't do with my old Pc.

Life was good :p

But 2 weeks ago while I was using my Pc it started to run really really slow... This wasn't after a restart of the Pc or anything, I had been using the Pc for some 3-4 hours now. So I restart the Pc and it took a LOT to run Windows, like 10 times more than normal.

When Windows was starting I got afraid because the music from the loging on sounded as slow as the Pc, each note sounded really long, as in slow motion and also like in cuts.

It took a lot too to start the StartUp programs and the problem continued all over the system, when I maximize and minimize windows, also when I start programs and everything !!!

All sound is choppy and slow, Media Player sound and Operative System sounds and also Msn and games sounds.

The slow sound is not consistant but it comes and goes when I trigger events like double clicking and etc...

Also if I have more than one program open... the performance of the Pc goes down.

The odd part is that when I check the Task Manager the CPU usage is under 10 or 15% and the RAM is way clear. But yet the Pc is lagging like crazy.

So I decided to reformat the partition in order to fix the problem and didn't work.

Guys, pls !!! I don't know what else to do.

Here's a list of things that I have done:

+ Reformat the partition 3 times in NTFS format and Install Windows XP Home Edition SP2, problem still not gone, lagging from the first startup.

+ After that I tried to defragment each partition in order to speed up the access time to the HD, still no inprovement.

+ Used RedCure to fix registry errors and some Hard Drive Testing software, that only showed me that my accessing time was near the lowest time registred.

+ Reformat ALL the Hard Drive in NTFS using a Low Level Format Tool and doing diferent size partitions and this time I installed the Windows XP Professional Edition SP2, because I read that the "Repair" I did on the WinXP earlier may have caused some inconsistency on the HD.

This did make the lagging frequency stop a little but didn't fix it... also is still WAY more slower than my old Pc and takes the same long time to boot up the system.

+ Installed the Service Pack 3 from Microsoft to my Win XP and defragment the HD again. Also failed to fix the problem.

+ And at last I came across a forum with a similar problem that was fixed by removing the two 1Gb dimms from a Asus MB (also with 775 socket) and leaving just one. But to me it did nothing when I removed the three 1Gb Dimms from my board...

- My next move will be to install Windows XP 64 bit Edition SP2, but the 32 bit XP sould be working !!! So I'm gonna wait to read some comments before I do this.

I don't know what else to do. I really hope someone can guide me on how to fix this problem !!!

Thank you very much in advance for and post and also I apologize for my bad english :D

In case it's necesary or needed, here is my HiJackThis report:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:04:46 a.m., on 09/09/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorShield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\WinCleaner Memory Optimizer\WinMemOpt.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\sp_rsser.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\magnify.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareTerminator] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorShield.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinMem] C:\Program Files\WinCleaner Memory Optimizer\WinMemOpt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Spyware Terminator Realtime Shield Service (sp_rssrv) - Crawler.com - C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\sp_rsser.exe

--
End of file - 4316 bytes

Hope to read some replys soon!!! :p :p

So I changed the cable or belt thingy of the IDE for a new one and also only connect the HD, not the DVD-RW in case the sharing was slowing down the HD...

But still no fix ._.

Pls feel free to comment... :p

Your computer specification is very high. Its shows that your computer speed must be faster then other pcs. I think your computer is infected with virus due to this resin your computer speed is slow what's you think.

shakeel anjum a.57

Your computer specification is very high. Its shows that your computer speed must be faster then other pcs. I think your computer is infected with virus due to this resin your computer speed is slow what's you think.

shakeel anjum a.57

Um... ok Ignore that.

Go to Msconfig and disable all your startup processes but your anti virus.

Run Memtest to check your RAM: MajorGeeks.Com - Contacting Download Site

EDIT: You can remove this from Hijackthis, though it's not the cause of your problems.

Um... ok Ignore that.

Go to Msconfig and disable all your startup processes but your anti virus.

Run Memtest to check your RAM: MajorGeeks.Com - Contacting Download Site

EDIT: You can remove this from Hijackthis, though it's not the cause of your problems.

Thank you, Redmo0n for your quick reply. I have done my homework and tested my ram after Disabling all my StarUp programs on the Msconfig and restarting :p

Here:

memtestjpgbc3.jpg

I leave the MemTest running for a couple of hours and that is what it showed...

Seems like the Ram is fine :)

Now I'm gonna do that new HiJackThis report after reading the guide :p

It took me some time to reply because I'm on exams this week... that makes this problem even more anoying x_x

God... I'm even lagging while I type this... I type and the words appear like 1-2 seconds later...

It kinda sucks to install all this software with this slow pc x_x

But I guess is a standar on the forum...

Testing for viruses and spyware on a Pc that has a 4 day old format and also AVG since before installing the network driver xD

Guys, I have posted my new HiJackThis report at the place that Mark123 said.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f70/my-pc-like-slow-motion-please-help-x_x-184916/#post1457719

I hope ppl will reply to it :) I really need to fix this pc. Thnx to all !!! I promese I will post the solution once it's fixed :p

Ok... Now my Pc is clean as a whistle in spyware and viruses stuff.

Less than a week since last reformat, antivirus and antispy since the 1st minute of the reformat and now is fresh from the Spyware Removal Guide By Osiris: Updated 8/18/2008, did it last night.

My HiJackThis report show nothing to remove ._.

An even now the slow motion is on... When I do simple things is not so much, but when I open programs or change tags or scroll on FireFox it lags like crazy... both Sound and Video ._.

Guys... This is a new Pc ._.

What can the problem be? :(

You can try rebuilding it again making sure everything is connected properly, etc. Check your ram, make sure it's seated, take a stick of ram out, if the problem still exists, try the next piece of ram, etc.

Hard drive may be failing, just because it's new doesnt mean its not bad. Run a hard drive test within the BIOS is present of download a program.

Update firmware? Drivers?

Also even though you stated before, make sure there is no chance of overheating.

Did you build the PC yourself? Is the heatsink mounted correctly? If you did build yourself, did you remember to take the plastic cover off the CPU and apply Thermal paste.

Also even though you stated before, make sure there is no chance of overheating.

Did you build the PC yourself? Is the heatsink mounted correctly? If you did build yourself, did you remember to take the plastic cover off the CPU and apply Thermal paste.

I did build it myself.

The HD is not brand new and it's I'm very suspicious that that may be it... I'm gonna instal Win 64 bits or Ubuntu in my 4GB HD and check if the problem also appears.

There is no chance that is the ram because I already tested the 16 posibilities with the 4 dims in the 4 slots and it doesn't do the trick x_x

Also, yeah.. I did remove the plastic skin of the processor and apply the termal paste that came with the giant heatsink :D

Also I'm not using the DVD-RW anymore.. I disconnect it in case it was it...

But nothing ._.

Guys, I wanna say thnx for replying to my post... I really appreciate it :happy:

Maiz Dulce ;

I have the same problem , two weeks ago i decided , upgrade my old pc (intel p4 )

Buy a new DG35EC , intel 2160 dual core processor , 1gbyte ram kingston ddr2 pc800.

The same things , sometimes when load any application the sound is like pitch effect, and the performance of the system is low.

I try everything , hd low level format ,reinstall windows , defragmenting page file, install new firmware ,add more memory , but the overall performance not so good.

I disappointed with this mother board , six months ago , build another pc , used the same amount of memory and microprocessor , the only difference used another intel mother board model ,and everything work fast.

This is the first time, I have problems using intel main board.

Hope this help you.

Regards

Garfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom