graphics card/driver problem

Stev0

Solid State Member
Hello guys
these last 3 months i have a problem with my graphics card
(my whole desktop is 7 years old so its old xD its a gaming pc ofc)
so 3 months ago a problem started appearing from time to time (it didnt bother me that much) but its been 4 days and it happens every 5 minutes now and it happens only when i play some specific games like counter strike global offender,lineage 2.

so i have some pictures about the problem:
UPmZO7P.png

EivYKSX.png

as you can see i tried to upgrade my drivers but nothing happened..

and some times it appears 5 times in a row and then a blue screen appears and my pc restarts....

any ideas how i ca solve this problem without buying a new one (i cant effort one now)
i hope some1 can help me :3

One of two issues. Graphics card overheating, or graphics card becoming unstable from a factory OC. Could be both too.

Post specs and monitor temps using MSI-Afterburner or GPU-Z.

Temps look fine for load.

Your card is OC'd from the factory it looks like though stock core/shader clocks are: 650 / 1625

You can try using MSI Afterburner to downclock your card's core/shader clocks to those values to see if it becomes any more stable.

There is no load on that card. 9600GTs are all typically single slot. Clean the heatsink out extremely well and clean/repaste the GPU. More than likely the exhaust on the card has a layer of dust preventing proper airflow and it's just overheating making the drivers crash (the +1 to Nvidia drivers actually). 9600GTs were notorious for that.

Did you take the heatsink off the card and blew out the dust from under the shroud? I have a 9600GT in my machine right now and it's idling at 65c because I'm too lazy to clean it lol.

Another thing to try is set fan to 100% with MSI Afterburner then try playing a game.

hmmm i will try to clean it again tomorrow its late now i will try to reduce core/shader clocks alittle bit and set the fan to 100% and i will inform you but first i have to watch a tutorial xD

Back
Top Bottom