Good PC, fps laggs while streaming and not only!

Lapeane

Baseband Member
My PC:

Intel Core i7-4790 /3.6GHz, 8MB, LGA 1150, BOX/

AsRock AsRock H81M /intel H81, LGA1150/

GoodRam GoodRam 8GB 1333MHz CL9

Seagate Seagate 1 TB 7200rpm 64MB cache SATA600 Barracuda

Corsair Corsair VS 450W 80+ 120mm

Asus Asus GeForce GTX 760 DCII OC 2GB DDR5 256bit (1072/6008) + Watch

SilentiumPC SilentiumPC Gladius X60 Pure Black (b/z)

LG LG 20EN33SS-B (LED, 5ms)

I changed i5 for i7 recently. I wanted to stream WoW, and i have fps drops all time. Im doing it on lowest Warcraft video settings. I checked SSD, temperatures while running game posted below. The i7 is completely new. Even without streaming i have drops every 10-15 minutes to 40 fps for a sec on 10 years game with PC for 1k euro -_- I saw 2-3 famous streamers with worse PC or similar to mine, streaming clear 1080p without any problems or spikes. I don't really know whats going on, I have all drivers and everything. Did system reinstall 2 days ago. HELP

http://i.imgur.com/mSFRXMB.jpg

What program are you using to stream, I was using the new system in my sig and recording with Fraps and lagged the snot out of my system unless I turned the settings way down and still lagged some, Switched to a different program to record and I then could record at max settings and no more lag, Might be the program doing the streaming and not the system.

Dauntae

Ye the streaming is one thing, 2nd is that I have fps drops to 30-40 without streaming, normally.

Hmm my GPU? Can i check it? Idk i did reinstall system, all things i have on my pc are pretty much normal currently

Last edited:
The PSU is underrated for your GPU and although it should be fine since it's a better-than-normal unit it could still be dropping voltage to your GPU under strain which would cause the driver to drop GPU clocks causing an FPS drop.

The easiest way to tell is download and install MSI Afterburner and play your game for a while. Your GPU will boost to a regular clock speed and stay there. When you have dips alt+tab out and check to see if the GPU Core graph has a dip. If it does, it's more than likely being throttled due to lack of power.

Okay i installed it. It actually might be a problem. So u say that this program might help me or at least tell me if its about lack of power? And if it is , i probably need to buy new PSU?

Yes like I said in my last post. That is if what you say is true that you have dips without streaming.

BUT FIRST tell us the games you're playing and the settings you're running them at (exactly) that gives you dips.

I play World of Warcraft only. My settings are for stream so arent good (so i can stream in better quality), so its 'Fair'. Im playing right now after i installed this program and havent noticed any dropped fps.. Will it help with my stream too or doesnt matter?

What stream software are you using and how do you have it setup?

Stream software can be pretty complex. The easiest to use (if you can get it to work) that won't affect your performance is Shadowplay linked to Twitch. Again, I've never been able to get that to work, BUT when it's finally stable it has a 0 reduction in performance.

I personally use OBS and I have it set to use the NV encoder. I do this because it uses the GPU encoder rather than the CPU which has a very little hit on FPS. Just remember to have your upstream quality set lower than your maximum internet upload bandwidth or your stream will suffer stutter.

Also, keep Afterburner running in the background just in case you suffer a dip again. Then check immediately after the dip to see if your GPU core has dropped in speed.

I'm using OBS. Ye i know about upload but I have 10mb upload. The thing is sometimes it works fine but idk, i have 3500/3500 and quality isnt the best basically. And Sometimes im feeling that my stream is off, i havent checked it out with this program in background yet.

Back
Top Bottom