evga 680i board. Error code 7F

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Anyone know what this error code means? The manual just says something about a post error but that doesnt help me any. So far i have done everything but pull the board out and start from scratch. If i pull the memory i get a different error, so its not the memory. I get this error code with or without video cards in the board. I have already pulled the cmos batter and left it out for over an hour to reset that. I'm seriously out of ideas. I think i might just go to microcenter on the way home from work and buy another board just for testing purposes. After all the issues i was having with the board bsod'ing with 4 sticks of memory i'm starting to wonder if i just need to RMA the board back to evga.

I found out the problem of 7F with Crosair PC-8500 memory where it hang and will not post.

First you must completely unplugged your power. Wait for couple of minutes for the MB to reset.

Then, plug in, turn on. You should be able to see the post screen saying its entering safe mode. Immediately hit "del" and enter BIOS.

Under Advance chipset, goto memory->SLI-Read Memory.

You must ENABLED the SLI Memory. Doesn't matter which %, I choose 5% and it works okay.

Save and reset. Viola...you have a working machine. I think the thing 7F is complaining because PC-8500 is 1066Mhz but the system only detect 800Mhz. It needs your interference to enable the SLI-Ready Memory.

Hope this helps...

Please help with EVGA 680I post code 7F - PC Perspective Forums

Hi darktemplar,

I had a look on the EVGA boards for the error 7F. It seems this is a very bad error as the problem is almost always hardware.

Make sure you only have the essential hardware connected.
Please try again to reseat each the graphics and RAM. Clean the gold contact pins with an eraser.
Try with only 1stick of RAM at a time, also try in different slots.
Possibly insufficient power. Which brand and model of power supply are you using?
Check for possible short-circuit from motherboard to case. (ie lost screws)

I am Stickywulf
NVIDIA Forums > error code 7f long beep

hey bro i just had this issue with a client and heres what i got

first off, 7F is a code 680i boards give that means its waiting for user response, turn on your computer, press f1 f2 esc or delete, probably f1 though, and that will get you to FF which is normal operation

the long beep code is probably cause your video card is not getting enough power, or your baord and video isn't

solution: plug in a eight pin to the motherboard, may also have to plug in the AUX molex plug located near your ram...plug in your video cards, you may have a bad six pin so plug in the two molex to 6pin if you have to

try all that and if you still don't get video i'm not sure, i did after that... but as far as 7F, thats not a big issue

does your video work in another system? does another videocard work in your system?

also try just one stick of ram in slot A1 (the one closest to the cpu)

i registered just for you man, good luck

same source as b4

eh?

Ya thats the problem with the 7F code, its nonspecific :( I normally would have googled it, but figured someone else might have run into it here.

Update. Went home for lunch, after it hangs at 7F, if i press del it hangs at 01 which is "reserved". Thanks evga for making the error codes so helpful. I think im just going to RMA the board and be done with it. Hopefully i'll be able to RMA it and step up to the 780i board at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom