Audio keeps turning off Macbook

9white5

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I've looked around for an answer to this and cant seem to find one. My audio seems to only work with one thing at a time, and if i want to use it for something else i need to close and reopen the lid. For example, if im listening to a track on itunes, and then want to listen to something on soundcloud, \ i'll need to put my laptop to sleep and wake it again to be able to listen to soundcloud. Then if i want to use itunes again i'll need to do the same thing. This is very annoying!
Please halp :(

Hey guys, I've looked around for an answer to this and cant seem to find one. My audio seems to only work with one thing at a time, and if i want to use it for something else i need to close and reopen the lid. For example, if im listening to a track on itunes, and then want to listen to something on soundcloud, \ i'll need to put my laptop to sleep and wake it again to be able to listen to soundcloud. Then if i want to use itunes again i'll need to do the same thing. This is very annoying!
Please halp :(

Whats your macbook model number ?
What is your current mac os ?
What browser were you using with sound cloud ?
Can you look under utilities in your application folder and find Activity Monitor ?

I dont know the model number but its a 10.9.3
Im using chrome but that was just an example. If i use safari the same problem happens, same with if i use ableton, or anything else that uses audio. And yes, i can find activity monitor

And yes, i can find activity monitor

Open up the activity monitor and run soundcloud again, make note if the hard cpu usage kicks up to high before it crashes.

I want you to read this:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/25129139
Read crmne response and see if that may help/

How Do I Change the Power Settings On My Apple Computer? | Information Services | Oregon State University
Also about the power saver in mac you may need to adjust it.
If your on the road alot and keep this macbook on.
Consider having the mac book going into sleep mode when the machine idle for more than 30 minutes.
Do not have it turn off the hard drive if you have a browser open and sound cloud going.

If your not on the road much with your macbook.
Have the os not put it to sleep, hibernate or turn off the machine if its plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom