2.5mm audio jack Asus N550

Tetrahedron

Beta member
Dear reader,

Unfortunately my connector for the SonicMaster subwoofer broke off inside the 2.5mm audio jack of my Asus N550JV laptop. After trying to get it out with multiple tricks I found via Google. But I know think it is beyond all hope and i need to buy and solder a new one on there. Also because the plastic inside ring broke off causing a bad fit and connection. This is where I find my problem. I haven't been able to find one that could fit on the. If somebody knows what jack can fit on it it would really be super helpful. See attachments below, in my opinion I need a Jack with 6? connectors? :
IMG_20141126_233619.jpg IMG_20141127_000732.jpg

Thanks!!

Dear reader,

Unfortunately my connector for the SonicMaster subwoofer broke off inside the 2.5mm audio jack of my Asus N550JV laptop. After trying to get it out with multiple tricks I found via Google. But I know think it is beyond all hope and i need to buy and solder a new one on there. Also because the plastic inside ring broke off causing a bad fit and connection. This is where I find my problem. I haven't been able to find one that could fit on the. If somebody knows what jack can fit on it it would really be super helpful. See attachments below, in my opinion I need a Jack with 6? connectors? :
View attachment 6728 View attachment 6729

Thanks!!

You'll need to contact asus or an official third party supplier from asus and ask about the part you need.

http://www.asusparts.eu/partfinder/Asus/Notebook/N Series/N550JV
I suggest you ask them and tell them what you said here.

Thanks but those are both wrong sizes. It should be a smaller connector which is smaller than the common 3,5mm headphone plugs. It's 2,5mm and has a (I think when looking at soldering points on the mobo) 6 pin connector... I've scoured through many sites also chinese and stuff for this part but none seem to match what I need.

You could try finding a junked motherboard from the same model or series of laptop on eBay that somebody is selling for parts - then desolder that one, and solder it onto your board.

You could try finding a junked motherboard from the same model or series of laptop on eBay.

He could do better just go ahead and buy a used or newer pulled mobo.
Everything starts out working, fresh and save him the hassle I've trying to fix the jack.

He could do better just go ahead and buy a used or newer pulled mobo.
Everything starts out working, fresh and save him the hassle I've trying to fix the jack.

Depends on how much he'd want to spend on the system :p.

Back
Top Bottom