Suggestions on Purchase--Cloud/Ext. HD

Steevis

Beta member
So I recently had a WD 4TB Cloud crash on me, and I lost about 400 movies... I'm fairly new to the use of clouds and external hard-drives to share information for third party devices. Does anyone have any suggestions; I'm currently looking at a Seagate-product, but the reviews seem poor. The primary use would be sharing and streaming movies onto my Samsung Smart TV (has wifi). Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I even bother with a cloud? Or just get an external hard-drive (but a pain to unplug and replug to update and add movies/files).

-Steve

I'd say just stick to a drive.

Cloud storage can be expensive for a lot of space, and if you have slow internet streaming a movie can be a PITA.

Plus there's the possibility that the cloud storage company may think you do not rightfully own the digital movies.

I'd say just stick to a drive.

Cloud storage can be expensive for a lot of space, and if you have slow internet streaming a movie can be a PITA.

Plus there's the possibility that the cloud storage company may think you do not rightfully own the digital movies.
Agreed. Just have to get the movies that are most watched back and I wouldn't bother with the others that have only been watched once or so. Recently had the same thing happen to me and honestly happy I freed all the space up from the movies I didn't watch.

Back
Top Bottom