Help with power build/motherboard compability?

Coolbylaki

Solid State Member
how much power do i need to run this and will my graphic card go well with my mainboard?

Graphic card AMD Radeon R7 260X Sapphire 2GB GDDR5
CPU AMD Anthlon II X4 620
Mainboard gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3

Last edited:
Thanks guys i went to a programer and he counted it up for me he say 560 watt power supply would be more than enuff.

500 quality power supply is sufficient. I'll quote myself on this.

PSU is first on that list because this unit is the most important part of your computer whether you are gaming, 3D Modeling, Rendering, or making a server. I brushed on this before but I want to put it here too. If you use a cheap PSU it could undervolt your system from day one, die randomly, or send a spike through your PC blowing up parts if the voltage input drops or goes higher. A cheap unit does not regulate the voltage as good as a quality unit, nor can they handle the actual rated wattage. A cheap unit is rated at their peak wattage, a quality unit is rated at what they can handle for long periods of time and usually have an overhead of 100-200w give or take. This unit sends electricity to every single piece in your computer that you put money into. When you get a power brown or surge it can mean the death or life of your parts as well.

That being said, I see you're from Serbia so finding something like the Seasonic S1211 520w might be a bit difficult. Although if you could get a Corsair CX500 or CX600 you would be fine. Your machine will take no more than 200w at peak power which is why I'm saying the above will be fine.

Thanks guys i went to a programer and he counted it up for me he say 560 watt power supply would be more than enuff.

No problem whatever you get I hope it lasts a goodwhile.
The athlon is a 95watt cpu, the vga card requires 500 watts to power on.
If you do decide to overclock your cpu in the future.
Becarefull of how high you push it under the power supply specifications in your machine. :)

500w requirement is based on an assumed total system consumption. His machine with no OC will use no more than 200w so he has some headroom depending on what he goes for.

500w requirement is based on an assumed total system consumption. His machine with no OC will use no more than 200w so he has some headroom depending on what he goes for.

I used a website to count up my pc power usage considering i have a wifi on,blutooth,x2 usb stick and all other thinsg in my pc it was like 300 w . Ive saw that power supply at croatian stores so il try to order from there . thanks :D

Those things actually don't really matter all that much when calculating your total power consumption. Things like fans and HDDs only matter if you have a lot of them. A total of 8 HDDs in a line need to be staggered so you don't fry anything but say one HDD and 2 fans aren't squat. The heavy hitters are only the CPU and the GPU. Those total around 185w combined so by adding the rest of your system you're around 200 like I said ;)

Those things actually don't really matter all that much when calculating your total power consumption. Things like fans and HDDs only matter if you have a lot of them. A total of 8 HDDs in a line need to be staggered so you don't fry anything but say one HDD and 2 fans aren't squat. The heavy hitters are only the CPU and the GPU. Those total around 185w combined so by adding the rest of your system you're around 200 like I said ;)

No problem it wont hurt my pocket to spend on 500-600 W maybe il upgrade again soon better to get now than later + im sure i wont fry anything in my pc :D

Back
Top Bottom