Building my first PC; have some problems

CompT

Baseband Member
I am building my first PC but I have some problems. The USB cable that comes attached to the case won't fully plug into the corresponding motherboard slot. It only fully stays in if I push it in and hold it, otherwise it is half-in and half-out. I don't know if the pins are bent or the cable is messed up. Please help!

Case: Corsair SPEC-01 Red ATX Mid Tower Case
Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
USB Type: Idk what you mean but on the motherboard it says "F_USB3.0"

Usually there's a small err, "nick" where the cable slides in so that it can only go in one way. The clip on the cable head usually clicks into this nick when the cable is secure. That was my experience with my Corsair 200R and my ASRock Z97 mobo anyway.

Usually there's a small err, "nick" where the cable slides in so that it can only go in one way. The clip on the cable head usually clicks into this nick when the cable is secure. That was my experience with my Corsair 200R and my ASRock Z97 mobo anyway.

For future reference, its usually referred to as a "key" :p.

It's black, all the cables are black for some reason. (Not meant to be racist) I am sure that the cable is in properly; I have tried it the other way before. When it is the right way, I tried sliding it around to see if it does what luke127 mentioned, that 'nick' where it is secure but no luck. Bah humbug

being all black, might mean it's usb 2.0.
The usb 2.0 pinout on your motherboard should look like this:
108519iD4B19CAFB9250168

And the usb 2.0 connector from your case should look like this:
918054281_601.jpg

Usb 3.0 and usb 2.0 case connector differences:
usb3pic3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom