Wanting to Upgrade PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

logey757

Solid State Member
Hi. I am wanting to play games on my computer such as Battlefeild 2 with medium graphics and such. Im not that hardcore of a gamer, so a Video Card with the price range of $100 and below would be great. However, I do not even know if my computer can support the video cards! I am thinking that I need to upgrade my memory also. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.53GHz
Memory: 256 MB
Mainboard: Dell Computer Corp. 0M0321 (I have a Dell Demension 4550 if that matters)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 420 (Obvisouly needs to be upgraded)

Thanks in advance.

looks like a AGP

im guessing you can get a 6600GT for aroumd 119 dollars. that can play bf2 on med settings.

you need to upgrade your ramn to at least 512 or you can just buy a stick of 512MB to make it 726 or something like that.

100 is'nt gonna give you that much. Considering you are only gonna spend 100 I cant really help you out, but save like 50 more. Christmas is here :)

Ok I recently bought a PNY GeForce 6200 AGP 8x. I do not want to open it and find out that I just wasted $120 dollars, so If you guys could tell me if it will work on my computer that would be excellent.

I beleive that I have all the Minimum system requirements except for/not sure of:

An AGP 2.0 (or higher) compliant motherboard
A 300W system power supply

Again, thanks for the Help! (and if you need more specs on my comp just ask)

EDIT: After looking at sites for reviews, I realize now that I got jipped. Im going to take this card back and buy a card for Newegg.com

But still answer my question would this card work on my computer?

I don't think you'll have much trouble putting the card in, and while it isn't a high end card, it isn't bad. If you're not going to be playing graphics-intensive games with your rig, this card should serve you well. I've never been a big fan of Dell, they make mediocre rigs and then back them with terrible customer service. They don't upgrade easily, and if you do upgrade them, I'm certain that Dell won't honor your warranty.
At any rate, I'm not bashing your rig, just Dell for being so greedy. I hope you have an easy, troble-free upgrade. Oh, and in closing, drop at least another 512mb of RAM in that rig, you'll be glad you did.

Yea I decided to not use that card...

So if you guys could give me a link to a good card at like newegg.com or something that works with my PC that would be great.

Thanks for all the help!

I was under the impression that I could only buy AGP video cards and not PCI. The eVGA Geforce you linked is a PCI, so can I still buy it or were you just making a mistake :D .

I'd definitely upgrade the RAM first. 256 is rather lowfor running XP, even for regular non-gaming activities. I threw a 512mb stick into my younger sister's emachine, and it was greatly improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom