How do I tell if this video card will fit in my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizzardman1219

Beta member
Gateway Support - 1009568 Gateway GM5474 Desktop Computer
Gateway® GM5474 Desktop

^^Those are links to my PC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143111

^^Thats the video card I'm looking at.

Gateway Support - 3507059R Gateway 5-Bay uATX Computer Case (Audio+1394+RCA+DockBay)

^^That should be a direct link to my case.

I need to know if that video card will work in my computer. I know that I will need to upgrade my power supply, but thats all I know. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Maybe this should be in the other forum... I don't know.

Ultra? I think you should just get an 8800GT instead and probably SLi it.

Anyways, yes the VGA will fit into your computer. You'll always want to check the interface of the motherboard and the VGA.

I.E.: PCI-e X16, you'll have to look for a PCI-e VGA.

Ultra? I think you should just get an 8800GT instead and probably SLi it.

Anyways, yes the VGA will fit into your computer. You'll always want to check the interface of the motherboard and the VGA.

I.E.: PCI-e X16, you'll have to look for a PCI-e VGA.

I was thinking about a GTS or GTX. No room to SLI anything. I only have one port. I knew the ultra would fit in my port, I was more worried about its length in my case.

Whats negative about the ultra? I would prefer a video card that would last and perform games as good as possible, and either a GTX or an Ultra seemed like the most logical options. I haven't read much on the GT. I currently have an 8500 GT, and it can play games, but games like bioshock get jumpy even on the low settings.

Guys...He said he only has one port for a video card so stop recommending SLi...The Ultra is a very good graphics card and will last you for a long time. Make sure you get the right kind though (ex. PCI-E x16) or whatever you have.

Good luck.

what games and what resolution are you playing at? 8800gt should be sufficent and a great budget graphic card that is recently released. if you still want to get the best out of all graphic cards and are willing to spend around $500 then get the ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom