Random question about getting a sound clip from a video and making it a ringtone. need help, Xmas gift for bro!

K-Monay

Beta member
hello, i was wondering and hoping that someone will help me with my situation. so i kinda don't know really squat about video editing and stuff like. but anyway here is what i want to do. i want to get the famous spongebob quote "MY LEG!" as a alert tone, for my brother for Xmas and surprise him. ( he been talking about it here and there for months and we dont know how to get it lol) If you are not familiar with what im talking about please enjoy this video and laugh and remember haha

Ive search all over the Internet for a mp3 version and no luck. all i want is "MY LEG!" as a ringtone for his iphone i know it can be done i just dont know how so i am asking everyone here for some help it would be much appreciated. and hell if you want, instead of typing the whole process and telling me word for word on how to do it, you are more than welcome to do it yourself and send me the mp3 and make a very memorable christmas for my bro! thank you and Merry Christmas!

https://www.you tube. com/watch?v=Ys-661oLevE

Last edited by a moderator:
Easiest way I've done it is, if getting it from a streaming video source, then either use a FireFox extension Video DownloadHelper. You can then go onto YouTube, download the video and rip the audio. I think VDH also lets you rip the audio to MP3...but if not, you can use something like SUPER ( SUPER © Free Video Converter | MOV WebM MP4 MKV HEVC/H.265 VP9 | FREE Download ) to rip the audio stream.

There's also quite a few "YouTube Ripper" sites that will do both steps for you and then provide you with a link to download the MP3.

I believe there's also several smartphone apps that can do this as well (I know there are on Android at least).

Back
Top Bottom