Andrioid Tablets..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I was thinking of buying an Android Tablet but not sure what I should be looking to spend as a General Price across the board as to what I would get for my Buck.

I'm wanting to do SETI@Home but I have no idea of what the Power Consumption is, Weather to keep it on charge, How much a Good Tablet will cost, What the difference in Kit Kat or Jelly Bean or any of the OS's are for example and the CPU architecture works.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be best to get a tablet over a Tower System and what the Pros and Cons are.
Any ideas any one.

A tablet isn't going to be a good device really to run any high computing applications (such as SETI) - they're not hardcore systems really.

As for price...mostly depends on how large of one (screen size...usually 7" - 10"), and how much storage capacity you'd want.

A tablet isn't going to be a good device really to run any high computing applications (such as SETI) - they're not hardcore systems really.

As for price...mostly depends on how large of one (screen size...usually 7" - 10"), and how much storage capacity you'd want.

Is storage capacity and screen size the main factors in deciding weather to purchase a tablet. I know you have duel core tablets but what about OS as well. So you would say a tablet is going to be pretty much useless for DC Computing.

Last edited:
Yes, screensize and built-in storage are things you can't change, so those are 2 things to look at first.

As for OS...anything relatively new should be on Android 4.4 (KitKat), or Android 5 (Lollipop). If you get a relatively popular tablet then you can also put custom ROMs on it for newer/customized versions of Android.

Yes, screensize and built-in storage are things you can't change, so those are 2 things to look at first.

As for OS...anything relatively new should be on Android 4.4 (KitKat), or Android 5 (Lollipop). If you get a relatively popular tablet then you can also put custom ROMs on it for newer/customized versions of Android.

If thats the case I'll stick with a Tower of some sort for the DC Purposes. I have enuf Monitors to do me and all I'll need is another KVM Switch.

^ Yeah I'd love to hear an explanation too :tongue: I love my Nexus 7, use it almost every night

1. It's android and just suck, buy a iPad there design purpose is perfect for tablets.
2. It's open source and have a thousand viruses, vuls, bugs, and did mention it's open source... It's free so why pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom