Where do you see mobile technology in a few years?

calivern

Beta member
And where will it affect us in a positive or negative way? In the past decade we have seen a rapid advancement in mobile technology with the introduction of smartphones and social media such as Facebook.

Thanks!

Last edited:
forum rules state we shouldn't answer homework questions. instead i'll try to lead you to some resources. Try some searches on the links below. also, try to find positive and negatives affects that have already happened (Facebook, Google, Apple, Myspace) and try to think of how those problems may reoccur in the future. ...cus history tends to repeat itself.

Mashable

CIO.com

Sorry! I meant to say its more of a opinion poll, rather than answering a straight question. I just want to see where others think that the future of mobile phones is headed.

I think something like this is fine. If another mod deems it to be in violation they can remove it :tongue:

I think we're going to see a whole host of new sensors in the next few years... Temperature, heartbeat, etc etc etc

and hopefully huge increases in usability to Siri, Cortana, and Google Now.

I think something like this is fine. If another mod deems it to be in violation they can remove it :tongue:

I think we're going to see a whole host of new sensors in the next few years... Temperature, heartbeat, etc etc etc

and hopefully huge increases in usability to Siri, Cortana, and Google Now.

GS4 already has a temp sensor in it :p.

Maybe it'll be more widespread in other phones. There's apps out there that detect heartbeat by putting your finger over the camera and turning the flash on... not sure how accurate it is, but it detects changes in heart rate for sure.

And where will it affect us in a positive or negative way? In the past decade we have seen a rapid advancement in mobile technology with the introduction of smartphones and social media such as Facebook.

Just a question (opinion poll) for class homework, any comment is appreciated!

Thanks!

In a "few" years (thinking 3 to 5 years) I don't see any major revolutions happening. I'm thinking the current generation of touchscreen smartphones will probably grow in screensize a bit, but I wouldn't consider that a big revolution.

A more interesting question might be how the amount of connectivity at our fingertips is affecting our social lives. Since you are doing class homework, I would think you are probably under 25, and most likely under 20, and for you, the internet has existed all your life, and your very first mobile telephone probably had some form of internet connectivity already.

As someone who turned 40 this year, who got his very first internet connection at the age of 20, in 1994, on a squeeking dial-up modem that would tie up the home phone line, I am from the last generation that lived their youth without technology at their fingertips. We were still actually passing paper notes to eachother in class, and if you wanted to know what cool band was playing this weekend at the local rock joint, you made sure you bicycled past there to pick up a month schedule on paper.

Technology has changed that, and the BIG revolution around that happened in the last 10 years with smart phones. I don't see any big changes in the next 5 years, but as said: the social effect of technology is starting to show.

Instead of focusing on where technology will take us, I would encourage you to focus on how technology will influence our social behavior. Next time you hang out at whatever the popular hangout is near your school, take the time to look around and make some notes. Most likely, you will see tables where every single person is looking at their phone. In some cases, their might not even be a conversation going on, because everyone is in their own little worlds on their phones.

Even though I am 40, me and my wife are guilty of the same. We now really make an effort to put down our phones and have a conversation, but it is really easy to pick up the phone and check facebook really quick, or google something you really want to know right then and now.

I would encourage you to look around in class, and maybe even look at yourself. It's perfectly fine to fiddle with your phone when you are alone, waiting at the busstop, sitting in the bathroom (we all do it), waiting at the doctor's office, etc.... But how often do you look at your phone when you are sitting at a table with your classmates or friends? And is everyone else doing the same? Do you do it because everyone else is?

To me, what is happening to us socially, BECAUSE of technology, is a much more fascinating aspect of the mobile revolution, then a report that the next 5 years will bring us an iPhone 7, bigger screens, more memory, faster connectivity, etc..... I think there isn't going to be a new revolution in technology, but in social adeptness.

New technologies are helpful for us in every way I think, because we get habituated of using technology everyday. Yeah, I know Facebook or smartphone may play negative rolls sometime when it comes to security or child parenting etc. But you can also minimize it or reduce it by again using technologies. So you only need to be attentive towards new and better technology.

You just have to try the new keyboard called touchtext. It works on every android and makes typing so easy and fast. If you go to googleplay.com and put in touchtext it will bring you right there. Like I said it is the best on the market.

Back
Top Bottom