Recommend me your best

Status
Not open for further replies.

onauc

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am not much of an expert in home electronics and I was wondering if you can be just a little kind to recommend me the right product for my needs.

You see, I was actually looking for a voice recorder so I can record dictates. I was searching for "audio bugs" because they are small, light and secretive and may become handy one day but then I came across "pen hard-drives" and "mp3 players-recorders" and I thought the latter is better because not only can I record voices but listen to music too downloaded from the internet via my pc.
This is even better for me.

Anyway, now I have come across "mp3 players-recorders" that have their own "internal radio" so now I can listen to music from the radio and record them too aswell as record voices and download music from the internet via my pc !
Recently, I have come across Ipods on ebay and quite frankly I don't understand the difference between the Ipod and an mp3 player-recorder.
I don't have Apple Macintosh but a regular PC running Windows OS.

So may I tell you what I want and you can kindly recomend me the BARGAIN best for my needs ?
I want a small gadget that will:

* allow me to download music to it from my PC's
hard-drive and/or CD
(I want to listen to music and audio files downloaded
from the internet)
* play music and audio files from it's internal
hard-drive/memory
* plays mp3 (better if it plays any other formats too
such as wma)
* play radio (so I can listen to the radio when I am
out on the streets and don't have access to my car
radio or home radio or walkman)
* records voices and sounds near it (via built-in
michrophone so I don't have to attach a michrophone
and speak into it unless I want to attach such)
* records music/voice direct from it's own radio system
* let me attach ear-peace (so I can listen to things
with-out distrubing others near me)
* has replace-able or 'built-in internal"
battery that is rechargeable (so I don't have to
spend money buying batteries every so often when
batteries run-out of charge)
* is small, light-weight (suitable to reside in shirt
pocket or cling to shirt-collar)
* look "un-notice-able" (secretive) so I can secretly
record conversations with persons whom I engage in
conversations.

Please recommend me a low cost, bargain gadget and then recommend me a brand and model on that gadget.
I don't know what this gadget should be (Ipod, Mp3-player-recorder, pen-hdd, anything else which I never heard of, etc.).

Thank You

Couple off things. No need to have a Mac to use iPod, but I wouldn't recommend it to you because it doesn't meet all of your listed requirements, mainly it lacks recording (except as a $40 third party add-on).

I'll go through your requirements one by one. (removing the things that apply to just about every MP3 player out there)

* plays mp3 (better if it plays any other formats too
such as wma)

Okay, this eliminates all MP3 players that don't play WMA, as well as one old Sony HD player that doesn't play MP3

* play radio (so I can listen to the radio when I am
out on the streets and don't have access to my car
radio or home radio or walkman)

And this narrows it down to all players that have FM radio.

* records voices and sounds near it (via built-in
michrophone so I don't have to attach a michrophone
and speak into it unless I want to attach such)

And this narrows it down to all MP3 players that have internal voice recording, wma support, and FM.

* records music/voice direct from it's own radio system
There are players that do this...

* is small, light-weight (suitable to reside in shirt
pocket or cling to shirt-collar)

In other words, no HD players? The thing with HD players it they can store MUCH more on them. Flash players max out at about 2GB, though you'll normally find them at around 512MB (half a GB). Hard drive players are often at 20GB (advertised to store 5000 songs), but you can actually find them at enourmous capacities of 100.

* look "un-notice-able" (secretive) so I can secretly
record conversations with persons whom I engage in
conversations.

If it's hooked up to headphones which are hanging around your neck, it'll just seem like your MP3 player and nobody should notice, considering how common it is for people to have headphones hanging around their neck at this point.

There are many flash players that would suit your criterea. An example would be the Creative MuVo Micro N200. This seems to meet all of your requirements, but there are many others that do. Check CNET Digital Audio for starters...

Good luck.

pny vibe, comes in 128-1gb flash sizes, only problem is that it doesnt have a rechargeable battery, but you can buy some if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom