NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Too many connections :( I got to page 4 and now I can't connect again. Booo, Here's some stuff though:

02.png

14.png

On the conclusion page:
Conjecturing somewhat, GeForce GTX 480 is probably 75 per cent of the high-end GPU that was imagined by NVIDIA early last year. Our numbers show that NVIDIA's finest single-GPU card is, on average, around 20 per cent faster than AMD's Radeon HD 5870 1,024MB at a 2,560x1,600 resolution. GeForce GTX 480 is due to cost some 40 per cent more, so whilst the trade-off between extra expense and performance isn't ideal, it's not shockingly bad, either.

lol now the article has been removed..

edit: Some more pics from that review:

36468998.png

21547553.png

24871583.png

HOLY LOAD TEMPS AND POWER CONSUMPTION!

EVGA | Articles | Pure Adrenaline Meets Visual Bliss

$499 for the GTX480
$529 for the GTX480 SC
$649 for the GTX480 FTW (Watercooled)
$349 for the GTX470
$369 for the GTX470 SC
$499 for the GTX470 FTW (Watercooled)

HardOCP's review is up:
Introduction - NVIDIA Fermi - GTX 470 - GTX 480 - GTX 480 SLI Review | [H]ard|OCP

From the conclusion:
HardOCP said:
We see no reason to purchase a GeForce GTX 470. It provides no gameplay advantages compared to the competition, and will actually end up costing you more power and dollars for the exact same performance you can get with the Radeon HD 5850. Factor in the power consumption, and it doesn't seem worth it. If you have an HD 5850, stick with it, the GTX 470 is not an upgrade. If you are contemplating a great performing graphics card, for a decent price, the HD 5850 is still the best choice.

The GeForce GTX 480 is more relevant in the market but it hasn't exactly come out of the gate wowing us with performance either. There are some games where it is faster than the Radeon HD 5870, and there are some games where it is even with the Radeon HD 5870. Factor in the cost and power, and include the ability to run Eyefinity on a single GPU, the Radeon HD 5870, to us, seems like the better value for the gamer right now.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_480_Fermi/

HardOCP said:
More relevant still is the awesomeness of GeForce GTX 480 SLI performance. We simply were not disappointed in the performance that GTX 480 SLI delivered.

This is what caught my attention.

This is what caught my attention.

The $1200 price tag for that caught mine :p

Well looks like I'll be sticking with ATI whenever I get enough money to buy a new gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom