Interactive Contact Lenses

futuretechgeek45

Beta member
Just had a welcome talk at my university about Google Glass and integrated interactive contact lens technology. A company 'Synoptica' were demonstrating their new product which looked awesome. Can be used directly with smart-homes and control heating, lighting, TV channels; had Facebook, internet capabilities and all you had to do is swipe in front of your eye! Very clever!

Just interested to what people's view is of interactive contact lenses, would you purchase one?

1958152_576878335743887_4372814668111814495_n.jpg

Honestly, absolutely not.

I think it is a very cool, and very clever idea. I'm cautious to see how it works.. I think that technology is getting a little bit too integrated into our personal lives, to be quite honest. What happens if this thing malfunctions? What are the long-term effects? There is still too many questions to be asked and answered before I would ever even think about purchasing a device such as the one you have displayed to us.

Yikes and they think texting and driving causes accidents????? Even if these things work flawlessly with no side effects what so ever, People will just not be responsible and there WILL be morons surfing the web or doing way to much while driving while using these. Scary stuff will happen.

Dauntae

Yikes and they think texting and driving causes accidents????? Even if these things work flawlessly with no side effects what so ever, People will just not be responsible and there WILL be morons surfing the web or doing way to much while driving while using these. Scary stuff will happen.

Dauntae
Let the morons kill themselves lol.

I'd agree, But owning a motorcycle I know first hand they will be killing way more than just themselves, Had a few close calls and one I KNOW was texting because they were holding the phone against the steering wheel.

I'd agree, But owning a motorcycle I know first hand they will be killing way more than just themselves, Had a few close calls and one I KNOW was texting because they were holding the phone against the steering wheel.

My thought as well.

Being a person who absolutely will not look at the phone, text, call, or even mess with the radio while in motion (I don't text or call while at a light either) I was completely joking. It should be illegal IMO to use a damn phone without a hands free. Absolutely NO texting.

My state recently made it illegal to text while not legally parked. Though they can't pull you over for it - they can only pull you over for something else and then texting while driving is a secondary charge. Before it was only by city that it was illegal.

Hey, it's a very cool idea too make a contact glass that much smarter, I am very passionate about new technologies. And mainly if it gets attached to daily usable things, I try to get more things to become smart and new technology user to save time as well.

Back
Top Bottom