AMD Set to Unveil 12 DirectX 11 GPUs at CES 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
Radeon_HD_5670.jpg

Radeon HD 5670

According to a recent post at Donanimhaber.com, AMD is planning to showcase no less than 12 DX11-ready GPUs at CES 2010 which will be held in Las Vegas from Jan 7th to 10th, including six desktops GPUs and six mobile models.

The Radeon HD 5600/5500 (codenamed Redwood) series is expected to replace HD4600 series. The leaked information indicated that Radeon HD 5670 features 400 stream processors, GDDR5 memory, 128-bit of memory interface, DisplayPort/DVI/VGA ports, and support for Eyefinity technology.
Additionally, the Radeon HD 5400/5300 is reportedly designed to take the place of HD4550/4350. The above mentioned cards are expected to sell around or below US$90.
AMD's mobile DX11 GPUs will include Mobility Radeon HD5800/5700/5600/5400.

source: Expreview

good news for budget builds :)

Better question is; are the drivers going to be good enough not to hinder the cards?

Nvidia cards are great when released and just get better... Catalyst on the oter hand..........

ATi... slow down with all of these new models. Its starting to become rather confusing.
Better to make new models than to rename old models.
Nvidia cards are great when released and just get better... Catalyst on the oter hand..........
They both get better with newer drivers.
Historically, ATI tend to make bigger improvements with driver releases.

Better question is; are the drivers going to be good enough not to hinder the cards?

Nvidia's drivers were supposedly the leading cause of Vista BSOD's which is pretty bad considering their market share is well under 50%.

Personally the only driver issues I have had from either side were with Far Cry 2 periodically crashing the display drivers on my 8800gs.

IMHO, Vista was just bad overall......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retailers list Redwood HD5670
Coming January 21 for €79

According
to a few early listings, AMD's no thrills Redwood GPU will ship on January 21 with prices starting at €79. We're expecting even lower prices once it starts shipping, but don't expect a bargain. AMD has the lead and has no reason to cut prices on DirectX 11 cards, even in the low end.

The Redwood is basically a halved Juniper. It features 400 stream processors and 40 texture units, but it retains the 128-bit memory bus. It will be available in 512MB and 1024MB versions. At this point we're not sure about the clocks either, as some retailers claim the GPU runs at 850MHz, while others are listing 775MHz. The same goes for memory, 1000MHz to 1200MHz depending on who you ask.

The cards are expected to ship within the next two weeks and some retailers claims they will have them in stock in 10 days, January 21.

Source: Fudzilla

I have had my fair share of ATI driver woes, but the problem doesn't lie with catalyst itself, it's a shared issue with Nvidia drivers and is actually a problem with WDM not doing what its spec sheet says its does. In the end uninstalling catalyst and installing ati tray tools fixed it.

Anyone who says that ATIs drivers are unreliable is turning a blind eye to nvidia's problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom