Philosophy - Brain in a Jar/Vat

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
Completely unaware of an actual "Brain in a Vat" theory created by some person, i created the "Brain in a Jar" theory with some people on my Schoolbus.

Overview of Brain in a Vat (not my theory)
If a mad scientist somehow took the brain from your head as you sleep and hooked it up to a computer in a vat of liquid keeping it alive. The computer would feed you with electrical impulses that would give you the impression of the world.

The question is how would you know you are the brain in the vat?

Overview of Brain in a Jar (this is my theory)
If somehow the brain gets put into a jar and kept alive, it gets hooked up to a "imaginative supercharger" that guides the brain into creating a reality for itself. The supercharger does not in any way create the reality, it simply guides and manages the brain in creating its own reality and so the reality doesnt get violent and dangeous.

Also, it is possible that the there could be seperate entities within the one brain. Eg. The Brain, does live within a virtual reality, but consciously creates a world within the brain which harbours one entity (or even many entities) that interact within each other.

The question is asked: who is the brain, or the main entity, I would say "I am the main entity" because I do not know you have
consciousness but you would say "I am the main entity" because you do not know I have Consciousness.

Check This out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain-in-a-vat

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom