HBO Online

Question in thread body.

• Yes, I would rather have everything online and only one bill being internet.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No, I prefer having my show providers the way they are handled.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other, Include reason in your post.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

PP Mguire

Build Guru
In the other thread I asked a question about users of OTA (Over-The-Air), Cable (including Uverse and FiOS/Fiber), and Satellite (DirecTV/DishHD).

I asked that because it's my belief that standardized TV and programming seems to be in a rapid decline with so many online services. Especially with the bundles providers are forced to serve to make a buck providing certain services like HBO, ESPN, ect.

If these services offered subscription based online services like Netflix or Hulu for HBO would you ditch your TV to move to these instead?

HBO is planning on doing this next year I believe is what I read.

Anyway...I'm already not on cable - been using Neflix for the past couple years. We also have Amazon Prime but haven't really used the streaming much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My wife and i got rid of cable for several years. I don't watch a lot of TV so i just chose to watch what was on Netflix when i did want to watch something. I may not always see the newest stuff but i watch when i want to. I don't see how the standard TV model can hold up for much long TBH. I recently moved and we got cable in our new house with an internet package but were already talking about getting rid of it because its not worth the money.

Yeah most young people I know don't subscribe to any kind of cable. Just internet, and maybe Netflix :tongue:

My wife and i got rid of cable for several years. I don't watch a lot of TV so i just chose to watch what was on Netflix when i did want to watch something. I may not always see the newest stuff but i watch when i want to. I don't see how the standard TV model can hold up for much long TBH. I recently moved and we got cable in our new house with an internet package but were already talking about getting rid of it because its not worth the money.
Yea that was my thought process behind the post. When you can stream or watch basically anything online at will I don't really see the point in TV services anymore. I personally hope it dies soon so you're not forced to get other packages for higher internet speeds.

Only bad thing about a la carte is if every channel starts doing it... then you'll end up paying more for all the subscriptions than for cable.

well i like this idea as long as they do what netflix does. offer their complete series without waiting a damn week for each episodes.

Well when they all go online it will basically cut out the main middle man... The cable company that likes to rape us for every last dime they can and will down right lie to you and once your in the contract and find out they didn't tell the truth about pricing they tell you it's in the contract, nothing they can do. One thing to remember with the cable company is they tell you the call may be recorded, But that works both ways, You can legally record that call since they say it will. So if they give you a BS deal on the phone then keep it recorded so when the bill comes you can prove its not the offer that was made to you.

Dauntae

Only bad thing about a la carte is if every channel starts doing it... then you'll end up paying more for all the subscriptions than for cable.

Sure, but then you only have to pay for what you want, instead of the subsidiary purchases to get one channel.

Well when they all go online it will basically cut out the main middle man... The cable company that likes to rape us for every last dime they can and will down right lie to you and once your in the contract and find out they didn't tell the truth about pricing they tell you it's in the contract, nothing they can do. One thing to remember with the cable company is they tell you the call may be recorded, But that works both ways, You can legally record that call since they say it will. So if they give you a BS deal on the phone then keep it recorded so when the bill comes you can prove its not the offer that was made to you.

Dauntae
Wat m8? :lol:

A friend of mine well his wife works for the cable company and even she hates them lol but it's a good paycheck, The sales people get commission for sales made, And even if the down right BS you on what they tell you, They DO have the recorded calls and will only use it if they might lose out, But if they lied to you that recording will never be heard again. I HATE the cable company but they managed to keep the competition out of my city, So if you want TV and high speed internet in a package you have only one choice, Comcast....

Back
Top Bottom