What Download sites are safe

SHELBYGT

In Runtime
I just downloaded a program off of Softtonics and i believe i may of got a virius. Is Cnet a reliabe source?

Cnet is probably worse....They give you an installer that contains adware.

Major Geeks, File Hippo and TuCows are o.k. but that does not guarantee that you'll never get something you do not want. Always scan your downloads before you open them with a good antivirus program, Like Eset, Kaspersky or Bitdefender....ect.

Cnet is probably worse....They give you an installer that contains adware.

Major Geeks, File Hippo and TuCows are o.k. but that does not guarantee that you'll never get something you do not want. Always scan your downloads before you open them with a good antivirus program, Like Eset, Kaspersky or Bitdefender....ect.

I can't stand that sh** , mostly for newer programs, too.:mad:

I really wish Windows had a package manager like Linux... apt-get can string together multiple installs into one command... Setting up a new *nix machine...

apt-get install cmatrix gparted sshfs blueman autofs nvidia-current vlc terminator htop nload mc fuse-utils ubuntu-restricted-extras gcc git vim tree links nethogs iftop openssh-server docky synapse etc etc etc

:tongue:

I really wish Windows had a package manager like Linux... apt-get can string together multiple installs into one command... Setting up a new *nix machine...

apt-get install cmatrix gparted sshfs blueman autofs nvidia-current vlc terminator htop nload mc fuse-utils ubuntu-restricted-extras gcc git vim tree links nethogs iftop openssh-server docky synapse etc etc etc

:tongue:

I KNOW RIGHT! You can only install one freakin thing at a time with Windows! UNLESS you have Ninite or something like that. But all that does is install programs while others are downloading. So in a sense you really can only install one at a time.

What Linux distribution do you use? I use Kali which is Debian based and I have used Fedora and Ubuntu but currently only Kali is installed.

You can install multiple items at once ;). Just gotta run each executable - only installers you can't run concurrently are MSI's.

Back
Top Bottom