Virtumonde. ???

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i was running the barrage of anti spy - mal - virus programs this morning, and spy bot got hung up on something with the above name. there were several types of files, Virtumonde.dll , .sci , . scn , .sdn . i have no clue what this might be. but it was not listed in the log when it came up. none of the other programs came up with it. so i do not know if spy bot took care of it, or if it was something the other programs just did not detect. does anyone have any idea what this might be, and is it something i want, or something i need to get rid of?

Could be that SpyBot just decided to glitch up while it scanned, too. I've had that happen before... main reason I dont use Spybot anymore.

Try running Vundofix to see if it really is on your system: Download VundoFix - MajorGeeks

Yep, sounds like a glitch. Just know this though, if Spybot ever shows it, run VundoFix regardless as Spybot has issues removing that particular species.

Yep, sounds like a glitch. Just know this though, if Spybot ever shows it, run VundoFix regardless as Spybot has issues removing that particular species.

Spybot has issues doing a lot of things nowadays :p. Pretty much why I ditched it.

Back
Top Bottom