removing annoying toolbar - mixi.dj toolbar

Twixmix

Beta member
hi, do you know how i can remove the mixi.dj toolbar from my computer, because it seems like an impossible task for me. I tried everything i could think of, but its still there and i really want it gone. 10x

Yes, Hefemeister, i've done all that, except the one with scanning with Malwarebytes in safe mode. Gonna try that too. I'll let you know what happened. thanks

Ok so its still there >.< What am i doing wrong??
Do you think there might be something that i have to delete from the registry? Because i searched for information about this toolbar and where its stored but all i could find were these two articles Mixi.DJ Toolbar Removal
MIXI.DJ Toolbar
And nothing about registry is mentioned there, but that's the only thing i can think of. What should i do next?? :(

Well, the sure fire way to remove it would be via a clean install of windows.

Sometimes it is just faster to start over rather than muck around with a removal.

That said, I personally have no experience with this variant so unfortunately I cannot be of any further help in the removal of it. Sorry.

TwixMix,

Try running the AdwCleaner program:
AdwCleaner Download

It searches and removes unwanted toolbars, programs, adwares, and browser hijackers. Also, it is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, and 7: versions 32 and 64 bits.

After downloading, save AdwCleaner to the Desktop
Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select: Run As Administrator
Click the Delete button

When done, a text file opens.

Please post the content of the AdwCleaner[Rn].txt in your reply.

Note: You can also find the reports at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (S = search, n = order number), or, C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (R = remove, n = order number)

Thank you cottonball!!! I downloaded the program and now thanks to it the toolbar is gone :triumphant:

Glad it worked, TwixMix!

If you do not want to post reports, that is up to you. However, you are missing out on an opportunity to determine whether there is something elswe lurking behind the scenes.

To chase any remnants, also download the Junkware Removal Tool (JRT).
Junkware Removal Tool Download
Junkware Removal Tool Download
Save to the Desktop.

Make sure you temporarily disable your AntiVirus, Firewall, and any other AntiSpyware applications.
These programs may interfere with the running of JRT.

For information on how to disable protective programs, refer to this info:
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs - BleepingComputer.com

Right-click JRT.exe and select: Run as Administrator

The tool opens and starts scanning the system. Please be patient as this can take a while...

When done, a report (JRT.txt) is saved on the Desktop.

Please post the contents of JRT.txt in your reply.

Next, please download Temp File Cleaner (TFC).
TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer - Geeks to Go Forums
TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer - Geeks to Go Forums

Double-click on TFC.exe to run the program.

Be sure to save any work in progress before running TFC!!
TFC closes all running programs, and may ask you to restart the computer.

Click on Start to begin the cleaning process.

Re-enable your protection software.

Back
Top Bottom