Mininova Under Massive DDoS Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Mininova Under Massive DDoS Attack

If you've been wondering why Mininova has been so sporadically available lately, TorrentFreak has the answer: a massive DDoS attack that has been occurring over the past few days. Co-founder Niek told TF that they're working on a solution and hope to have things back to normal soon.

Mininova is used to serving millions of visitors a day, but even they are not equipped to handle an attack like this. Today's attack originates from Germany and Argentina and is 2 Gbit strong. The DDoS attack is maxing out the entire uplink and is hard to filter since it uses UDP connections.

Cool....lol, that's all i have to say.

Why is a site getting attacked cool? If I slammed your Internet with so many requests your computer couldn't do anything, you think that's cool? No. I hope this is just a bunch of stupid kids being losers, if it's a planned attack by hideous evil businesses like MediaDefender who think they are allowed to use illegal and destructive means to gather data, I want to see them shut down. MediaDefender and the likes deserve to be shut down and have THEIR computers confiscated, DDoS'ing sites you don't like is flat out attack.

Why is a site getting attacked cool? If I slammed your Internet with so many requests your computer couldn't do anything, you think that's cool? No. I hope this is just a bunch of stupid kids being losers, if it's a planned attack by hideous evil businesses like MediaDefender who think they are allowed to use illegal and destructive means to gather data, I want to see them shut down. MediaDefender and the likes deserve to be shut down and have THEIR computers confiscated, DDoS'ing sites you don't like is flat out attack.

Yeah, i think it is cool lol, Also you could try to do that to my internet, but you would ultimately,fail, dial up 28.8k, no internet is just as bad as it. Mininova is mostly illegal torrents by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom