Haali Media Splitter? What is that? Virus?

bagelred

In Runtime
I ran the Trend Micro HouseHall online virusscan and it found one item. It lists it as TROJ GEN.R47C2AL and the file name is: Program Files\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\uninstall.exe

What is that? I have no idea. I googled it but can't figure out really what it does, why I need it, If I installed it.....I'm baffled.

Looking at my program listings, it seems this program was installed when I first bought the system. Preloaded?

Anyway, should I leave it or have TrendMicro "fix" it. Thoughts? Thanks.........

That is a media codec setup.

/its a legit program, and was probablky installed by a media server, or other video player.

Get rid of it if you want.

Thanks for quick reply.

I mean, I guess I'll just leave it. I assume it has some function with an existing program right? I just want to make sure its not a virus. Is there any reason to delete it?

I ran the Trend Micro HouseHall online virusscan and it found one item. It lists it as TROJ GEN.R47C2AL and the file name is: Program Files\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\uninstall.exe

What is that? I have no idea. I googled it but can't figure out really what it does, why I need it, If I installed it.....I'm baffled.

Looking at my program listings, it seems this program was installed when I first bought the system. Preloaded?

Anyway, should I leave it or have TrendMicro "fix" it. Thoughts? Thanks.........
That is a media codec configuration. It is a legitimate software that was most likely deployed by a media server or another video player. If you wish, you can get rid of it.

you are aware that this thread is 11 years old?

Look at my web listings, it seems this program was installed when I first bought the system. Preloaded?

I'm Sorry I'm Don't know :cry:

Back
Top Bottom