Being forced to use proxy server.

spcmegreg

Beta member
A malware or something has gotten onto my computer and is making Chrome and IE turn on the use a proxy server option in LAN settings. I have Comcast and they do not use proxy servers. I've run Avast Antivirus, tdsskiller, and Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7, and none of them have found cause for it. Running troubleshooting for the browsers themselves doesn't work at all either. There's something called YTDownloader on my computer that I can not seem to remove from at all, but I don't know if that's the cause. I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on my computer too, but for some reason the program refuses to open at all. I really don't want to have to reinstall everything, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I run Windows 8.1. I don't want to use Firefox because it lags like crazy and takes forever to open web pages. BTW, I have already tried unclicking the use proxy server option in the LAN settings of the connections tab for internet options. It doesn't work.

Firstly, what do you mean when you say MBAM won't run? Does it give an error at all?

Boot into Safe Mode and run MBAM and see if it works there. Also run your Avast scan in Safe Mode.

Back
Top Bottom