Avg and HDD space issues... 56k warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
I have been using AVG for a very, very, long time, and thought I have seen everything that could possibly go wrong with AVG and the issues that happens with it... Until I decide to try and install a few games... I have absolutely no hard drive space left, out of 148GB, absolutely none... Now, I go through, and start adding applications and files up, used tuenup to help point out what was using so much space.... Here is what I found...

avgwtf.jpg

Little more poking around in that folder, it is a bunch of files in the dump folder.... Is it safe to delete these manually? As I highly doubt AVG needs 30+ GB of data to run...

Funny thing is, the virus vault is entirely empty X_X

I would probably uninstall it, reboot, delete that folder and reinstall. Im using the same version and its 80mb inside the same folder.

I ended up just going into safe mode, and deleted the folder from there with out uninstalling/installing AVG as downloading AVG 9.0 on dial up, is not fun.

In general dump files could be removed if not planned to use them for analyzing the problem.
But maybe you have some problem on your system which is causing dump files to be created very often - usually they are created when application crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom