script error

sheralee

Beta member
need help please, have ie9 and every time i go to a site scipt error keeps coming up. Did the usual thing and ticked the box in options but still comes up every time. My friend had the same problem and he down loaded a new ie 9 and it sorted the problem. How do i getg rid of the old ie 9 so to download a new one cos it keeps on saying there is already an ie in your system

Firstly, what's the exact message in the script error window? Sometimes this can be linked to an infected system.

Firstly check your proxy settings: Click the menu/settings button on the top-right corner -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN settings button at the bottom -> Make sure the proxy box at the bottom is unchecked

I would also advise running a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware: Malwarebytes | Thank you for download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

did that and i have also run many scans with malwarebytes and avast but to no avail, i really think that putting a new IE into the system would maybe cure the problem but i dont know how to delete this one so to upload a new one

Last edited:
You don't uninstall/reinstall, necessarily. You essentially install over the top.

You just need to go to Microsoft's site, download the IE9 installer, and then you should be able to install over top of it.
How to repair or reinstall Internet Explorer in Windows

Before doing that, though, you could try resetting IE back to defaults. Go back to Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset...

thx very much. the reset seemed to work but i still could not reinstall ie9. It just said that there is i better one already installed. As i have vista ie9 is the best i could have. Puzzling

That may be because you have updates to IE9 installed, and the installer package was an "older" version that doesn't have patches on it.

Glad the script error is gone though.

Back
Top Bottom