IE7/Firefox won't launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aooga12

Beta member
Ok to begin I had a virus or two, i got rid of all of them. Now when i try to open IE7 or firefox they just sit there, they don't even open up and say "page cannot be displayed".

This is what i've already done
-run multiple virus scans, spyware scans
-ran and "fixed" stuff with ccleaner
-rebooted multiple times
-lowered firewall

*when i install ie6 from the cd, it works fine, and all the other comps in my house connect fine. it appears that i have a connection, but the browsers just don't launch.

i used command prompt to ping websites, they were successful.

So basically i think theres something missing in the registry that the browsers need to use to launch.

i can't reformate and reinstall xp pro, too much data to backup and nowhere to store it. (over like 50gigs)

so, is there a way to 'repair/reinstall' the default registry files? anything relative like that possible?

yes, i deleted all of my saved bookmarks and stuff like that, i've reinstalled and it still doesn't want to launch.

i tried that, and i might try it again, but i don't think that works for ****.

question about that though, does it only work for the registry files or does it mess with my games/apps?

I think for the most part it works on the registry and system files. I've used it a bunch of times and I haven't noticed any changes on the games/apps that are installed.

What's the updated status? Are you using another computer to post here?

If you had installed anything in the time between restore points it won't show up in the start menu, but it is still there. You can find it with a search. The same is true with documents.

Try uninstalling Firefox using Revo: |MG| Revo Uninstaller 1.80

Revo will get it all, as there are a couple of folders left behind with Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom