Firefox Tweak Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to the tweak guide.

I'm actually considering switching to Opera for my laptop. Firefox (1.5 particularly) is a resource HOG. Even with only 2-3 tabs open FF uses up to 125,000k of memory which is ridiculous since my laptop only has 256mb. Compared to about 60k with Opera with the same websites. In fact with this page open and the FF tweak guide open in another tab FF is using 38,000k compare to 20,000k by Opera. Worse there are also memory leaks with FF even when I close FF it still shows it open in Task Manager using an insane amount of mem. It seems that this is big problem in 1.5 which is why many people I know actually reverted to 1.07 or have switched to Opera but it will/should be fixed in 2.0.

Anyways, thanks for the link.

hu_xu said:
Thanks for the link to the tweak guide.

I'm actually considering switching to Opera for my laptop. Firefox (1.5 particularly) is a resource HOG. Even with only 2-3 tabs open FF uses up to 125,000k of memory which is ridiculous since my laptop only has 256mb. Compared to about 60k with Opera with the same websites. In fact with this page open and the FF tweak guide open in another tab FF is using 38,000k compare to 20,000k by Opera. Worse there are also memory leaks with FF even when I close FF it still shows it open in Task Manager using an insane amount of mem. It seems that this is big problem in 1.5 which is why many people I know actually reverted to 1.07 or have switched to Opera but it will/should be fixed in 2.0.

Anyways, thanks for the link.

Firefox Memory Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom