Chrome crashes all the time....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I use Google Chrome as my web browser and I absolutely love it, but this one thing drives me crazy. The browser crashes, A LOT. Out of nowhere, too, and once it crashes and I open it again and hit restore to go back to the webpages I was on, it often crashes again and again. I went to event viewer (My Computer->Manage) and checked the error log. Here's the log, if anyone has any ideas how I can solve this problem once and for all, please let me know. I don't want to switch browsers. I hate firefox, I don't like IE, opera or safari half as much as I like chrome.

Error log:

Faulting application name: chrome.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bd40a55
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb3b
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000cdcbb
Faulting process id: 0xefc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cae8630c19d6a9
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Lets make sure its not installed. This is gor nvidia and amd. Thou you may need to reinstall your video drivers.

Download Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

then follow this

1. install dcpro
2. uninstall your gpu drivers using add/remove
3. reboot
4. cancel all attempts of windows to search for a driver for your 'new hardware'
5. run dcpro, select nVidia and hit GO or OKAY or whatever it is
6. once it's done reboot
7. enjoy your clean system

Lets make sure its not installed. This is gor nvidia and amd. Thou you may need to reinstall your video drivers.

Download Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

then follow this

1. install dcpro
2. uninstall your gpu drivers using add/remove
3. reboot
4. cancel all attempts of windows to search for a driver for your 'new hardware'
5. run dcpro, select nVidia and hit GO or OKAY or whatever it is
6. once it's done reboot
7. enjoy your clean system

I'm sorry that I'm asking so many questions, but:

Firstly, I just want to understand how my GPU drivers would relate to google chrome crashing constantly.

Second - for #4, how should I cancel windows' attempts to search for a driver? Unplug my LAN cable so that it can't look on the net or something? I'll download & install dcpro meanwhile. Thx

EDIT: The link you gave me to download the dcpro says:

Update: This software was removed at the request of the publisher. A newer version of their software is still available yet shareware, to be found at the author's website.

This path Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Usually has something to do with browser crashes and the forceware drivers are at fault at times as well.

Does IE crash as well?

You may want to check/update Jave, Flash, etc. Maybe remove all add-ons and see it it crashes without?

This path Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Usually has something to do with browser crashes and the forceware drivers are at fault at times as well.

Does IE crash as well?

You may want to check/update Jave, Flash, etc. Maybe remove all add-ons and see it it crashes without?

Hmm, I see. Well whenever I try IE; it seems fine. I've also tried Firefox and that was fine too. It appears to only be with Chrome and it's really getting on my nerves. I've been having this issue for ages, I uninstalled chrome completely and so on in the past and this didn't change anything. My PC even went through a couple of formats due to viruses etc, yet the chrome problem always seemed to remain. So do you still suggest that I do the dcpro thing? Any idea where I can get it? Thanks

Moved to the Browser Section. Yes we have one. While it is Windows Software it still fits better in with the Browser area.

If it is specifically Chrome, check your extensions. I had this before. It is one of your extensions you are running that is causing the video driver to fail. Which version of Chrome are you using? The Release, Beta or Dev?

It's a bug in Chrome. I get it as well from time to time. Try to get the latest version from Chrome.

I have only one extension on, AdThwart.

Moved to the Browser Section. Yes we have one. While it is Windows Software it still fits better in with the Browser area.

If it is specifically Chrome, check your extensions. I had this before. It is one of your extensions you are running that is causing the video driver to fail. Which version of Chrome are you using? The Release, Beta or Dev?

Sorry I didn't see this section. Well, Chrome v. 4.1.249.1064 - I'm guessing thats 'The Release'.
PS: I have no extensions!

@MindoverMaster: I am using the latest version, I'm pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom