How to change IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not kmote.

Again spoofing the IP address and MAC cant be done. At least not beyond Windows. Even if you figure out how to, all you are doing is that within Windows. Once you go online, you are still connecting via your ISP and your IP. You would have to hack the ISP mainframe and from there get that to allow you to spoof the information it sends out. If not all you are doing is making the changes within Windows and not to what your sending out to the world.

An yes it is still very illegal to spoof. Just like connecting to a neighbor's unsecure WiFi network is illegal. It is not your service, you are not paying for it and you are stealing it, therefor making it very much illegal. You are trying to hide your IP and MAC address, that is illegal in every sense as it serves no legal purpose to do so.

Proxies can hide you, but not totally. Cause you still have to connect to their server and then get sent out to the world. Guess what? Your IP is still shown as connecting to that Proxy server and from there a trace route can be done on that IP, to the Proxy and if you are really good you can even trace it back to the original IP. There are tools out there that can do such things. I have them myself. So even if someone was trying to hide behind a Proxy, it can still be caught. As no matter what there is a trail that is left to your PC and your IP.

So anyway you look at it if you want to stay anonymous online, best of luck. You have to send out your IP to something and from there connect to something to go to a website. So there is a trail to you somewhere. It is just finding it. It can be done by people with the proper knowledge.
It's really easy to find the information. Yes I have the knowledge. I'm just saying that most sites don't have those tools, I'm just guessing. They probably use some useless proxy detectors.

However what I don't understand is why - on another forum -a mod said well youre from the UK so blah blah blah cos I never mentioned that, and I was using my laptop abroad in a restaurant connecting to a wifi hotspot in a different country.
Okay that's strange. Is there some sort of location based tracking based on connecting to a router from the PC?? Or something based on the PC itself??

Last edited:
It's really easy to find the information. Yes I have the knowledge. I'm just saying that most sites don't have those tools, I'm just guessing. They probably use some useless proxy detectors.

However what I don't understand is why - on another forum -a mod said well youre from the UK so blah blah blah cos I never mentioned that, and I was using my laptop abroad in a restaurant connecting to a wifi hotspot in a different country.
Okay that's strange. Is there some sort of location based tracking based on connecting to a router from the PC?? Or something based on the PC itself??
If you created the account or log in on a regular basis in the UK then they have that IP set.

Was the phone on the local wifi, or were you using data?

No I was abroad using the restaurant's public wifi hotspot. Weird.

Also there was no reason to look me up since I wasn't causing trouble and with trace route It can't be automatically flagged or something,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom