How can I make my website (forum) more popular?

NtTech

Baseband Member
Hello everyone! I have a tech forum that is just getting started. Do any of you have tips on how I could make it more popular or make it better?
BTW here is a link to the website: NtTech Forum

Is the site named after you...?
I'd probably consider another domain name. Something a little more.. generic.
nicholastanner.com seems a bit odd for a tech forum :tongue:

Is the site named after you...?
I'd probably consider another domain name. Something a little more.. generic.
nicholastanner.com seems a bit odd for a tech forum :tongue:

Okay I will try to buy a new domain.

Other than that, I have a few things...
First, redesign the site. You're still using the default phpBB layout :tongue:
Mobile apps are nice. We use Tapatalk and vBulletin and that works very well. I don't know much about phpBB though so you might have to wait for another response from another member.
More subforums and categories too. General, off topic, computer hardware, Internet, linux / open source, etc etc etc.

Other than that, I have a few things...
First, redesign the site. You're still using the default phpBB layout :tongue:
Mobile apps are nice. We use Tapatalk and vBulletin and that works very well. I don't know much about phpBB though so you might have to wait for another response from another member.
More subforums and categories too. General, off topic, computer hardware, Internet, linux / open source, etc etc etc.

Thank you. I will update the website.

You should setup your website(s) with google analytics and/or google webmaster tools with the forum (if possible to implant googles tracking analytic code) and if it works contact me at the link below on a computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
To gain more traffic on a website a good way would be to make it rank higher in search engines. Their are many ways to do this but some good ways would be to include keywords, build good links (these links should be relevant to your site), loading speed, etc. Here is a good site to get you started if you are not to familiar with SEO
moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

Also try differentiate yourself from competitors. Ask yourself why would users choose your website over others such as this one.

You can promoting forum on Facebook. If You want have users which like Your subject, You can publish post in thematic groups on facebook. It work.

Go to places where people use computers and just pass out cards. People are bound to visit at least out of curiosity. Aslo before you do that make sure your site is as good as you want it to be. Maybe get friends that can give you good feedback on your website. Make it fun, easy to read, and professional.

I seriously need some help on my blog 360 trendz | Mordern trends update in terms of its responsiveness

Well at the company I work for they use Fortinet firewalls controlled by the company Trustwave and I clicked on your site and it was blocked due to being malicious? HAHA

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom