Post your recommended free/shareware OSX apps!

bla!!

Daemon Poster
Post recommended OSX free/shareware apps here!

Well, I just recently made the switch to Mac and I must say I love it. I wanted to get a post going for different aps that people have found for mac's that are useful and fun.

You Control Tunes ITunes controls in your applications bar

BackLight Use your screensaver as a background

Visage Customize boot images and text

SideTrack Customize your Mac laptop touchpad

Share your fun tweak and customization programs.

Somebody got there first with adium,

BrickHouse , allows much finer control of your ipfw firewall than the Mac GUI under system preferences without having to resort to Terminal.app

Yeah, I make plugs for Adium because I moderate on the forum they rent space on, so I gotta help them out (like they need it anyway! they have one of the best osx chat clients out there!).

I highly reccomend System Optimizer X .
It's like disk clean-up for Mac :) it speeds up your system and does the little things on a type of schedule. It can automatically clean up your Safari Cache (even thought thats pretty darn easy :) ) And you can even tell it to prioritize your RAM!

OK from now on please just post recommendations and no comments except those directly related to said recommendations.

Pastor - Stores your passwords to important information in an encrypted file. The file itself is encrypted arround another password, so it still doesn't give out access to all your information. This requires MacOS X 10.3, but if you don't have it, I can look arround my computer for the installer, and upload an older version which only requres 10.1.

EDIT: I found the Pastor 1.6 installer on my computer. It was in my trash can, where anything can be found. I love my big HD, and never empty the trash (never lose anything that way :p)

Back
Top Bottom