Mac OSX Mavericks

cyberfox24

Solid State Member
Hey all, I have a mid 2011 Mac 21.5" I have upgraded the OS to Mavericks but it has now made the Mac so unstable, eg it keeps hanging XBMC wont run any more I've had a few little problems with iTunes, and the boot up time is so much longer than it used to be, if I wanted a slow computer I would of stuck with Windows!. I don't understand as everyone seems to be raving about the new upgrade, is there a way to fix this problem or to just uninstall

Thanks

The only problems I have are safari gestures freezing when going back/forward and sometimes when I open a program I can't full screen it. i then have to quit that program and reopen it. Pretty annoying, hopefully Apple fix these problems in their upcoming update.

I have a mid 11 mac air. would you not recommend updating to maverick then? do you know if the instability a wide spread problem??

You'll be fine to upgrade. It's free and you'll get improved battery life.

A lot of 3rd party programs are not yet updated to run on Mavericks so you will see some issues around "app-nap" and other little nit-picky things.

I just upgraded to Mavericks. No real problems as yet. Sometimes the music freezes when im opening a new application, but apart from that it runs pretty smoothly.

I haven't tested the battery life, but I havent noticed any drastic improvements. All in all, i'm pretty happy with it. But that's just in my case, hope you guys have had better luck with yours.

I have been using Mac for last 5 years. Yes, the same problem happened with me when I upgraded my Mac to Mavericks. I was a bit tensed with my Slow Mac, but someone advised me to use bigger hard drive to get more space for execution and good computing performance for Mac machine.

Last edited:
You don't necessarily need a bigger hard drive... you would do better to have the maximum amount of RAM and a solid state hard drive.

You don't necessarily need a bigger hard drive... you would do better to have the maximum amount of RAM and a solid state hard drive.

Yes, I agree, but if we talk about SSD then HDD is much cheaper than SSD. For e.g. around $0.15 for 4TB HDD and whereas $0.50 for 1TB SSD approx.

A bigger hard drive won't make it faster, it will just be slightly more convenient to store large amounts of data.

Buy a smaller SSD and use an external hard drive if you want the computer to be faster without losing storage space.

Back
Top Bottom