iPhone problems

dalton.lesko088

Baseband Member
Okay, so I switched from my iPhone to a droid razr max. Now, when people with iPhones try to text me, it still goes to my old iPhone. Not to my droid because of iMessage. What do I do to fix this? Do I call verizon? Or is it as simple as turning my iPhone off for good or turning off data? Because the iPhone still has service and It was deactivated. So I'm just confused. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Your iPhone shouldn't have service if it was deactivated... did you get a new SIM card for your Android phone? If so, take your old SIM card out of your iPhone and just leave it out. It shouldn't have data then.

It's a verizon iPhone 4 it doesn't have a SIM card ad yes I got a new one for my droid. So I should just turn data off on my iPhone?

Yes, turn off the data for now. It could just be that it's not deactivated on Verizon's side yet. You could give them a call if you wanted and try to force/speed up the deactivation process or something if you wanted.

I couldn't remember when Verizon started with SIM cards on iPhones; or do they have SIM cards yet? I know all 4G Android devices require SIM cards.

They started SIM cards on the iPhone with the 4S because just the 4 had 3G the 4S has 4G. I'm still not receiving messages. I'll give verizon a call tomorrow I guess

iMessage will send and receive messages from other Apple users through any data service. Deactivate your iPhone from your Apple account or turn off Wifi and cell data.

Back
Top Bottom