iOS 8

I was just going to upgrade my 4S but I'll be buggered if I can remember the password LOL Gotta call apple I guess. Will see it Friday either way when I get my Iphone 6 in.

Heres a few things i like:

• Higher contrast system default keyboard
  • Reply button built into the notification banner of iMessage and soon to come after app developers update twitter, facebook messenger, ect..
  • Recent contacts list on the multitasking window
  • Push-To-Talk button built into iMessage to record and send digital voice
  • Simplified notification center (only 2 slides rather than 3)
  • Share your current GPS location through iMessage at the press of a button (similar to sharing media except it puts a pin on their map)
  • Edit button added to notification center calender for quickly adding reminders and to-do's you have for today
  • Added functions in AssistiveTouch such as control center and notification center
  • Health app looks interesting i'd like to get some hardware to utilize it. It can help keep track of tons of vitals, eating and sleeping habbits, ect...

Things i'm not impressed with:
  • The text prediction under the text field in iMessage - i think it might take time to learn how i type but as of now its giving me suggestions that just dont help the sentence make sense.
  • Weird contrast in the control center

Last edited:
I literally laughed out loud when I found out this **** takes 5GB of space. I would try it, but I only have an iPhone 4. So I'm stuck with the slow OS.

I literally laughed out loud when I found out this **** takes 5GB of space. I would try it, but I only have an iPhone 4. So I'm stuck with the slow OS.

Yea like windows @ 3gb download takes 20gb space... iOS8 is 1gb download and takes 5gb space.

Also its only compatible with 4S+

Who's got it?
Chime in with your opinions.

Another note if you haven't heard they've opened up the keyboard to developers so soon you'll have Swiftykeys and Swipe available most likely.

Apples to oranges. A phone operating system requiring 5GB of space on phones is ridiculous.

Obviously, hence my slow OS statement. Then again I didn't expect to be able to upgrade considering the iPhone 4 is the Galaxy Vibrant for Apple. Bit long in the tooth.

Apples to oranges. A phone operating system requiring 5GB of space on phones is ridiculous.

Obviously, hence my slow OS statement. Then again I didn't expect to be able to upgrade considering the iPhone 4 is the Galaxy Vibrant for Apple. Bit long in the tooth.

I was impressed how much quicker my 5 responds on iOS 8. It must be more efficient by a landslide because im at 25/32gb capacity and its more smooth and faster responce than it was before the update.

Hardware on the 5 is rather good. I have an iCloud locked one on my desk and even just the basic startup is immediately noticeably faster than both the 4 and 4s. I can update my gfs 4s and see how that works out. She's still on 6.

Hardware on the 5 is rather good. I have an iCloud locked one on my desk and even just the basic startup is immediately noticeably faster than both the 4 and 4s. I can update my gfs 4s and see how that works out. She's still on 6.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom