Wifi connection issue

1etherer

Fully Optimized
Im trying to solve an issue at work, We have a laptop that can connect to the internet via Ethernet but the wifi just wont connect yet we can see all available connections.

I have tried update drivers, uninstalled and update. check config settings (all dynamic) removed drivers and DL from website, check no proxy is set up.

strange thing is its a new laptop just been set up.

Someone give me some good advice lol, or ask me some more QUs

HP probook 430.

Can you connect to the WiFi on another device? And access the internet?

*note - we are remoting into the laptop as its accross the world in one of are offices

As I write this and was about to answer yes others can connect, my colleague has now told me everyone else is on desktops (at first he said they had laptops and the wifi was working fine - lier)

Anyways..
I have run some tests and found out either the Adaptor is physically damaged (I doubt it, its a new laptop) or there is an issue with the AP/router.. which I strongly believe. So I will get someone in to check this.

Cheers for your input Sub

*note - we are remoting into the laptop as its accross the world in one of are offices

As I write this and was about to answer yes others can connect, my colleague has now told me everyone else is on desktops (at first he said they had laptops and the wifi was working fine - lier)

Anyways..
I have run some tests and found out either the Adaptor is physically damaged (I doubt it, its a new laptop) or there is an issue with the AP/router.. which I strongly believe. So I will get someone in to check this.

Cheers for your input Sub

I really believe it has something to either do with the AP/router configuration, or if the AP/router is old maybe it just has gone bad. I would hope that no one just did a reset on it and didn't tell anybody lol. I'm sure the place you work at has more than just a basic network. Just login to it and see if the proper WAN settings are in place, then check LAN and see if dynamic is selected instead of static, or if you use static then continue to keep it in static and assign an IP manually.

Sometimes just doing a power cycle on a router will get it up and working again.

Also check the cable, reterminate the ends, or replace the cable and see if that helps. I've had plenty of wifi failures because the LAN cable simply goes bad.

Back
Top Bottom