VPN at work and home issue

ianhaney

Beta member
Hi

I have set up a VPN at my office and all is ok there as I managed to finally get connected to the server PC from my work PC in the same office, at the office I have talk talk broadband now I am at home and trying to connect to the server PC at the office but having issues, I have left the server PC on at the office, we are on sky broadband at home and keeps coming up with error 800, just seeing if anyone could help or point me in the right direction please

Thank you in advance

Ian

What type of VPN did you set up, and how did you set it up? What are you using to connect?

From what you've mentioned so far, it doesn't sounds like you're using an actual VPN, only that you remotely accessed one machine from another. If both machines are in the same office then they are probably on the same network, but more info is needed. Do you know if they are on the same network? Do you have the private IP addresses?

Hi

It's just a server using win 7 home premium, I set it up using the built in Bon connection

Yeah they are on the same network, I don't have the private ip info, I'm trying to find someone who can set it up for me as am lost with it all

Yeah, setting up a VPN is going to be more complicated than that. If you are just looking for remote access and the machine you are trying to reach is running Win7 home premium then something like Teamviewer should work as long as both sides have internet access.

Hi

Thank you for the info, I decided to go down the teamviewer route as was easier for me to get and seems to be perfect

Thank you though for all the replies, really appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom