Please Help.. Network Troubleshooting.. SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadisam

Solid State Member
okay.. before the problem.. here's the situation first...

we bought a com cafe (SHOP A).. 40 computers.. modem from the ISP (PLDT MyDSL), a linksys router.. 2 dlink gigabit switch... win xp sp3..
all was fine up to now..
we expand and bought the neighbor cafe (SHOP B)... set​up sucks.. utp color coding not even among the 568-a and b..
they just had the both ends same...
no router.. the setup was modem >> Dlink DES-1024R+ 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch >>> computers..

at first i dont know how to connect these two shops but someone taught me what to do..

Connecting a Cable between Shop A and Shop b Switches (link)
Change the IP add and subnet of Shop B computers and make them follow Shop A setup..
Shop A... 172.16.2.... Shop B 172.16.4.... >>> 172.16.2...
Change the gateway of Shop B computers so that it will follow Shop A setup again... since we let go of the ISP of Shop B
(to prevent two internet bills).. but we still keep the modem of Shop B and it's acting as a hub..
and its done...

Now... we were introduced to a new ISP (Sky Broadband) and will give us a 1 month trial of internet usage..
my problem is the installation of that ISP..
I want it to be installed in Shop B.. but knowing Shop B's setup...
What do you think of the changes that's going to happen? If the they will only bring a modem.. what will happen?
Do i need to manually changed the IP again?
Do i need to remove the link of Shop A and Shop B to avoid conlift?
I mean im a total newbie here.. so please spare me of technical terms :smile:.
can you please help me or share your thoughts with my problem...
Thanks in advance for those who will answer... ^^

are you changing to a new isp or trying to setup two isps to the network? i think the easiest is to replace the modem for shop a and attache the new modem to the router.

everything else can stay the same.

Im trying to set 2 isp's sir...
my boss wants us to try that isp so we need to install it.. but i want it to install at the shop b..

you can attach it to the switch in shop b (assuming the modem is a router, too). and assign static ips to the computer you wish to use to test the connection.

in the end you can setup the computers with two default gateways. i'm not 100 % sure the computer would failover to the second gateway.

here's some reading about that.

Default Gateway Configuration for Multihomed Computers

ideally, you want a device that can perform wan load balancing.

like this one

Cisco RV042 Dual WAN VPN Router - Cisco Systems

Thank so much sir!.. Il try to work on your solution sir.. Thanks again for helping ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom