F quality internet connection

bevolasko

Baseband Member
I would like to share some of my experiences with today's generation of internet technology.

Not so bad is it? Well, it can always get worse. I'm using one of those 3G USB sticks as my primary source of internet connection. It is connected to a 3G enabled router so other devices are able to use it. At desperate times when there is absolutely no connection I'm forced to tether with my phone which has a limited download capacity of 1GB.

Unfortunately, I live in a town without DSL infrastructure, not even those crappy 128kbps DSL lines exist. The other towns in the vicinity (about 2-5km away) are covered with ADSL lines and some already have fiber optic. It gets really frustrating when you're paying €40 a month for such a terrible and useless connection. It's impossible to play games online, stream videos or do P2P.

Second test:

So yeah. This is what I have to deal with every day.

Well of course your ping is so high, it's mobile data. What more do you expect? 3G is meant for light browsing like Facebook at best. Even high quality 4G LTE signal here in the states has high pings for gaming depending on your area and time of day.

Out where I used to live there was a WISP that had "up to" 15Mb packages and on a regular basis we were paying $70 for a 2Mb connection. What made it worse is I could hop on a BF4 server that said 25-30ms ping but when you actually got in game it shot over 200 making it pretty impossible to play on. I wasn't fortunate enough to have cell data to fall back on and still don't.

Back
Top Bottom