Connection issues w/ Powerline

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfgangCS

Baseband Member
I have had this issue for quite some time now and have gone through quite a few powerline adapters.

My setup:

ISP-->Linksys Router N-->Belkin Powerline--> 1 HP desktop

Linksys Router---> 1 Desktop Custom build w/ Ubuntu 9.04 (No Problems) & 3 Wifi Devices (No Problem)

I lose connection off the powerline all the time, so i am starting to wonder if there is an issue with the desktop it is connected to. I have run Malware Bytes, AVG FREE, and Combofix. Still having an "in/out" connection.

I had a older model Belkin Powerline that work nicely, I would have to unplug the router from time to time but nothing crazy like this. I sold this one to a friend.

I then bought two Linksys Powerline's to test out and called Linksys and neither one ended up working nor could they help me.

Then bought a Netgear Powerline and could not get a consistent connection....sooooo

Lastly, yesterday, I bought a new Belkin Powerline and I am having the same connection issues. I will have it, then I won't.

HELP!

In addition, I attached a Ubuntu 9.04 machine to the powerline, been running off of it all afternoon and night.

What could be the problem with Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom