Changing NAT type to open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I was told to do this:

Make sure your router has uPnP Enabled.

Go to run/ or search on Vista -> Services.

Find
UPnP Host, Start that up and set to Automatic.
SSDP Discovery, Start that up and set to Automatic.

UPnP Device Host was already on Automatic
I changed SSDP Discovery from manual to Automatic

It did not work. My Nat is still moderate. I have a WRT54G router.

Edit: My problem is occurring in Dawn of War 2, and someone told me setting a public IP might help. How do I do this?

What lead you to this problem ... or better yet, what lead you to this person telling you this?

For starters, put yourself in the DMZ on your gateway/router and then try what you are trying once again... if it doesn't work, we can go from there.

I've got that router and have tried dozens of ways to open NAT, never been successful. My friends have the same router and also can't succeed.

If you somehow manage to do it, please post here, but I doubt there's a solution.

What lead you to this problem ... or better yet, what lead you to this person telling you this?

For starters, put yourself in the DMZ on your gateway/router and then try what you are trying once again... if it doesn't work, we can go from there.

I don't know if the DMZ thing is going to help because the issue isn't really one of those things that either work or don't work. This is in Dow2, and sometimes I can connect to people and other times I can't. Sometimes if I try long enough after being unsuccessful, I will be successful. I suppose I could try it next time I'm having the problem.

I should be like that though because with NAT:

Open connects to anything
Moderate (what I have) connects to Moderate and Open
Strict connects only to open

I've had connection issues to people with open NATs. Like I said, sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. When I don't, it is always the NAT negotiation error.

I found this solution here: NAT error - GameReplays.org

I've got that router and have tried dozens of ways to open NAT, never been successful. My friends have the same router and also can't succeed.

If you somehow manage to do it, please post here, but I doubt there's a solution.

Yeah, I've heard this router has an inflexible NAT. I think I'm gonna contact linksys, and see what they tell me. It makes me mad that I might have to get a new router over this. If it wasn't for the fact that I could upgrade to N, I would definitely not do it.

I was told to do this:

UPnP Device Host was already on Automatic
I changed SSDP Discovery from manual to Automatic

It did not work. My Nat is still moderate. I have a WRT54G router.

Edit: My problem is occurring in Dawn of War 2, and someone told me setting a public IP might help. How do I do this?

right go on your internet, and go on What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Internet Speed Test, IP Info, plus more then that should bring up ur ip address at the top of the screen, copy and paste this into the address bar once on this you may be asked to input a username and password, for most routers the default username and password are Username: admin and Password: password . for sky users the password may be sky, one opening up ur router, go to security setting, and open up the WEP disabling WEP will change your NAT to open. this may cause your computer to disconnect from the router, research for the network again and change the required fields on the networking to link your PC back up to the router. and there you go open NAT!

right go on your internet, and go on What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Internet Speed Test, IP Info, plus more then that should bring up ur ip address at the top of the screen, copy and paste this into the address bar once on this you may be asked to input a username and password, for most routers the default username and password are Username: admin and Password: password . for sky users the password may be sky, one opening up ur router, go to security setting, and open up the WEP disabling WEP will change your NAT to open. this may cause your computer to disconnect from the router, research for the network again and change the required fields on the networking to link your PC back up to the router. and there you go open NAT!

This site will give you your public IP. It is better to administer your router using it's internal IP, in fact I would recommend turning remote management off especially if you are using the default username and password that came with your router (it is highly recommended to change the password at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom