android file sharing through wifi?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
right now im using a long way to transfer files to my pc:
before smartphones it was short way lol

I upload to photobucket then save to my computer.

is there a way to set up a direct connection from my galaxy s3 to my desktop through wifi so I can save pictures and videos in specified folder on my pc directly from my phone like I do with photobucket app?

I don't want to use Bluetooth to save battery my wifi is almost always on

The 2 I use are:

AirDroid
ES File Explorer has an option to connect to LAN shared folders

I mostly use ES File Explorer since I already have shared folders setup on my server, so I can copy info from my phone to the server. Doesn't let you copy the other way though, I don't think (if you can, I haven't tried it).

Airdroid lets you go both ways though by starting up a mini, local webserver on the phone. Type the local IP/port into a browser on your computer while the app is open/running and you can transfer files back and forth.

im assuming its a bit different to setup a filesharing for a pc over internet? like if I wanted to share files with my parents PC.( I have lots of pictures and videos of my kid that I want to be able to send directly to their pc.

im a noob when it comes to anything network related besides setting up modems and routers

for my desktop I want tohrough local network( wifi)
and I don't know if its possible to do through the internet for my parents PC directly from my phone

Well you could always use Dropbox or Google Drive; it should sync over LAN or internet. Or through FTP if you setup an FTP server on your computer.

do those go through any kind of central network? I don't like sharing through a central system I rather do it direct connection if possible
I think an ftp server would be better Its been a while I forgot about the ftp lol
thanks for the tip

do those go through any kind of central network? I don't like sharing through a central system I rather do it direct connection if possible
I think an ftp server would be better Its been a while I forgot about the ftp lol
thanks for the tip

Well yeah; Both Dropbox and Google Drive are cloud storage solutions, so its stored on their servers.

Back
Top Bottom